1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colombo

Discussion in 'Srilanka' started by Laeticia, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Laeticia

Laeticia New Member

On my way to India, I will have a stopover of about 30 hours in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Does anyone know of any fun stuff that I could do while waiting for my connecting flight?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

There's a hop on hop off open bus tour there that I thought looked fun - a bit like the double decker buses that you see in England!

I think bus tours like that are a fun way to see a city, and I guess if you saw something on the route along the way that looked interesting, you could always note down to stop at it later!

30 hours I think is a reasonable amount of time to see quite a bit in a city - so you're lucky! :)

3. Tabitha

Tabitha New Member

That is definitely a long stopover, 30 hours. I think there is a Colombo City Tour that will take you to some interesting sites along it's route. It usually leaves early morning and returns early afternoon. I believe that is the bus tour amelia88 is speaking of, with the open top double decker buses. It includes a tour to see lighthouses, parks, museums and even a trip to see a prison cell.