1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels in Colombo Sri Lanka

Discussion in 'Srilanka' started by Upadaya, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Upadaya

Upadaya New Member

My holiday this year will be in Colombo and finding a good hotel is something I always have problems with. Going to another means that's I need to be extra careful and make sure I make the right choice for a hotel.

An easy option would be choosing a 5-star hotel, but unfortunately, it's not in my budget. The budget I have for a hotel is maximum Rs2500 per night, and I am hoping in this budget I can find a good hotel, which provides free WiFi services, clean room and washroom and good food.

My flight is on November 12th, and I will get back to the forum after a week or two when I get a reasonable amount of hotel suggestions so that I get a good number to choose from.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, @Upadaya! Welcome to the forum!

Here are some affordable hotels in Colombo in Sri Lanka, with the requirements you have mentioned:

Hotels Under Rs. 2,500 in Colombo

1. Central Colombo by Backpack Lanka - Central Colombo, as the name suggests, is located right at the heart of the city. It is about a 40-minute drive away from the international airport of the country. It is also located just opposite the Liberty Plaza and a few minutes of walking away from the railway station. Aside from having Double Rooms and Triple Rooms, the hotel also has dormitories, both females only and mixed dorms. All their rooms have air-conditioning as well. WiFi services are available, free of charge, in the lobby. You would also have access to a lounge, kitchen and pool table. You can cook your own meals at their kitchen as well.
    • Tariff - Double Room at Rs. 1,706 per night and Dormitory Bed at Rs. 732 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Comfortable bed, attached bathroom and air-conditioning.
    • Hotel Facilities - Luggage lockers, internet access, social lounge with television and sound system, kitchen with cutlery and appliances, pool table and travel desk.
    • Address - No. 247, De Mel Mawatha, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
    • Contact Number - +94 77 030 0900.
    2. VJ City Hotel - This hotel is just five kilometres away from Galle Face. It is also just a few minutes away from the Central Bus Stand in Colombo. Its location is very nearby different railway stations like the Fort Railway Station, Maradana Railway Station and Dematagoda Railway Station. The hotel also has its own coffee shop/restaurant. But because of its central location, you can also opt to eat out in the nearby restaurants like Chettinad, Sri Suryas and even the Floating Market Restaurant. Internet access is free in public areas of the hotel. All their rooms are very clean and have accompanying private bathrooms. They also have a Game Zone which kids can enjoy. And for the adults, a Beauty Zone is there for their pampering needs.
    • Tariff - Twin Sharing Room at Rs. 2,000 per night, Double Room at Rs. 2,000 per night and Double Deluxe Room at Rs. 2,475 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Air-conditioning, telephone, mini-bar, LED television, cabinet and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Airport shuttle, game zone, beauty salon, laundry, restaurant/coffee shop and business centre.
    • Address - No. 292 Sea Street, Colombo 0110, Sri Lanka.
    • Contact Number - +94 11 233 1831.
    3. Coral Breeze Colombo - This hotel is very near the Liberty Bus Stop at about 0.73 kilometre away from it. It is also just six kilometres away from Ayman's, a major shopping mall in the area. There are also plenty of restaurants and shops located just a walking distance away from the property. All their rooms have sea views so if that's something in your interests, then this budget hotel might be for you. They don't have their own restaurant but they do serve food in the room of guests. You also have internet access in all the public areas of the hotel.
    • Tariff - Deluxe Double Room with Sea View at Rs. 1,996 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Air-conditioning, seating area with sofa, flat-screen satellite television, fridge, balcony, tea/coffee maker, closet and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Internet in public areas, parking, shuttle service, room service, car rental, bike rental, laundry, luggage storage and travel desk.
    • Address - Marine Drive, Colpetty, Colombo, Colombo District, 00300, Sri Lanka.
    • Contact Number - +94 77 829 4807.
    4. West Inn Colombo - The nearest railway station to this hotel is the Narahenpita Railway Station, at about 1.4 kilometres away. You can easily access attractions like the Colombo World Trade Center and Khan Clock Tower as they are just six kilometres away from the hotel. Unlike the other hotels, WiFi comes free of charge here, not only in public areas but also in rooms. Rooms have complete amenities and even have their own kitchenette so you can cook your own meals. The hotel also has a travel desk along with car and bike rentals for guests.
    • Tariff - Deluxe Double Room at Rs. 1,994 per night and Large Double Room at Rs. 2,127 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Air-conditioning, kitchenette, terrace, fridge, flat-screen television and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Internet, lounge area, travel desk and car/bike rentals.
    • Address - 122/08 Arnolda Place, Polhengoda, 00005, Colombo.
    • Contact Number - +94 72 346 8466.
    5. Sai Sea City Hotel - This hotel is just a minute away from the Wellawatte Beach. It is also very near the commercial areas where restaurants, shopping centres and business hubs are located. Some of their rooms have balconies facing the sea but they're priced higher. Internet access is free but only on public areas. Their in-house restaurant serves both Western and Indian cuisines. You can also opt to be picked up from your arrival point as the hotel has shuttle services for guests, for a surcharge.
    • Tariff - Budget Double Room at Rs. 1,595 per night and Business Double Room at Rs. 2,463 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Air-conditioning, telephone, flat-screen television, clothes rack, electric kettle and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Internet on public areas, shuttle services, laundry, restaurant, travel desk and lift.
    • Address - No. 27, 40th Lane, Marine Drive, Wellawatte, 00600, Colombo.
    • Contact Number - +94 11 236 4027.
    6. Green Palace Inn - This hotel is nearby the beaches of Wellawate and Galle Face Green. It is also a walking distance away from Main Market of Colombo. The Gangarama Lake is also just two kilometres away from the hotel. For sightseeing, nearby attractions are the National Zoological Gardens of Sri Lanka, Dehiwala Zoo and Barefoot Gallery. WiFi at the hotel is free of charge and can be accessed even on rooms. Their rates are very affordable despite the cleanliness and spaciousness of the rooms. Their in-house restaurant serves Sri Lankan dishes along with other cuisines like Chinese, Thai and Continental. They also provide assistance for guests with regards to sightseeing or tours.
    • Tariff - Standard Double Room at Rs. 1,662 per night and Deluxe Double Room at Rs. 1,994 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Air-conditioning, internet, wardrobe, desk, flat-screen television and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Internet, business centre, outdoor terrace, shuttle services, laundry, restaurant, travel desk and lift.
    • Address - No. 30, WA Silva Mawatha, Wellawatte, 00600 Colombo, Sri Lanka.
    • Contact Number - +94 11 259 0135.
    There you go, these are all the hotels I was able to find within your budget and preferences. I hope this helps you. Enjoy!