1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corona virus update India (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Admin, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hello,

I get a lot of messages asking for an update so posting this thread to keep everyone updated.

There has been 150+ Corona virus confirmed cases in India so far and a lot of them are foreigners who probably brought the virus into India in the first place. Theres been 3 deaths due to Corona virus within India so far.

Most public places have been shut down including schools and other educational institutes as per government orders.

Visitor visas for India have also been suspended so even if you have a visa already you will not be allowed into India due to the current situation. Land borders are also being sealed to stop the spread of this virus.

Please follow this thread for Corona virus update from India to keep yourself informed. I will post an update every day.

Keep distance and Stay safe!

2. Admin

Today confirmed corona virus positive cases stand at 194 and 4 confirmed deaths.

Public transport services have been scaled down in almost entire country and a complete lock down announced for the 22nd of March however I do not understand what is the point of one day's lock down.

3. Admin

Complete lockdown in India and no flights or trains either until 14th of April.

4. Shiv

Shiv Member

It's good the lockdown was implemented in a good time, but only if people adhere to it.

At least we are still able to get groceries, milk, fresh fruit, and veg. There was something in the news that grocery stores will be allowed to operate 24/7 so that there would not be crowds of people.

There is one piece of advice I would like to give people, don't buy food worth 6months, because if everyone will do that there would not be enough for some people to even cover a month's worth of food supply.
    I have been hearing from friends and family living in Canada and England that grocery store shelves are practically empty because people have stocked up so much, it's left the elderly and those who can not afford to buy in bulk in problems.

5. Prits

Prits Member

I am watching the news on and off getting an insight into the latest news of the COVID virus And just now I have read on the internet that the number of confirmed cases registered yesterday in India was 179, which is the highest in a single day. Which means the number of confirmed cases is now above 1000 as of today.