1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dal bati recommendations Jaipur

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by AswinSingh, Aug 2, 2015.

1. AswinSingh

AswinSingh New Member

A have a weekend trip in Jaipur (Rajasthan) next weekend and would like to try the very famous da bati, please give some suggestions to where I can find the best dal bati. Last time I went to Rajasthan I tried the food at Santosh Bhojanalay which was ok, and I am hoping that I would find something better.

2. Akshay

Akshay Member

I would recommend to you Chokhi Dhani and Natraj. Both places serve fantastic dal bati, but if you want something extra go to Choki Dhani as they have a dance program there as well and I personally think that the food they have is more authentic.

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

The only place I had dal bati was at Chokhi Dhani which is more or less a Rajasthani avatar of Haveli that we have at Jalandhar where they serve Punjabi food. Food at Chokhi Dhani was excellent and all the little dance items and the camel ride was all fantastic but I am not sure if they alter the dishes for non Rajasthani palate or their dishes are authentic. Only a native could tell the difference as I haven't had much experience with dal bati choorma myself.

Chokhi dhani has a few rooms available aswell for those who want to stay over night. The only problem is that this place is well outside the Jaipur city.

4. Prits

Prits Member

Choki Dhani is also now open in Murthal next to Haveli, and it is the part of the same branch as the one in Rajasthan.

5. RohitMhan

RohitMhan New Member

I have recently been to Jaipur, and I highly recommend going to Choki Dhani, they serve the most authentic food including dal bati, it literally tastes like homemade food which makes it even better.

6. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello!

Here's a few restaurants in Jaipur that serve authentic Dal Bati:
    • Spice Court. Located in Hari Bhawan, Achrol House, Jacob Road, Civil Lines, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302006. They have North Indian, Continental and of course, Rajasthani cuisines. They have a different variation of the Dal Bati, they call it the "Keema Bati." It is still a Bati but stuffed with spicy Keema and floating in Ghee. It also comes with its own gravy which is equally delicious. Other dishes to try are their Laal Maas and Chicken Bhuna. If you love spicy dishes, then this is a must visit place for you.
    • Shri Thaal Village Restaurant. Located in 3, Rathore Nagar, Queens Road, Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur. They have Rajasthani and North Indian cuisines. If you cannot visit Chokhi Dhani, then try this place. Their Dal Bati is one of the best ones in Rajasthan.
    • Rabat Mishthan Bandar and Restaurant. Located Opposite Polovictory Cinema, Station Road, Sindhi Camp, Jaipur. They have lots of cuisines: Rajasthani, Chinese, North Indian and South Indian. Best known for their Dal Kachoris but their Dal Bati is equally delicious. They also have many dessert options.
    • Monarch Restaurant. Located in Holiday Inn Jaipur City Centre, Commercial Plot 1, Sardar Patel Road, Bais Godam, Jaipur. Try out their Plain Dal Bati and Masala Dal Bati.
    • Khamma Ghani. Located in Shop 1, Mittal Colony, Near Rathi Petrol Pump, Ajmer Road, Sodala, Jaipur. Very underrated when it comes to their Dal Bati but I believe they have one of the best-tasting Dal Bati in Rajasthan.
    I hope this helps!