1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian Food Cookbook Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by copicgo, Jan 25, 2016.

1. copicgo

copicgo New Member

I am a huge fan of food - especially when it comes to different cultures and styles.

I admit, I have not been exposed to many Indian dishes (gasp!), so since joining this board, I figured the best place to start would be to have the guidance of a recipe book. I think it would also be good to expose myself to delicious dishes before I travel to the country later on.

Any good recipe books you guys have out there? I'd also love to hear what recipes you recommend for a first timer!

2. Daira

Daira New Member

I don't have a whole cookbook devoted to Indian food, but I do make samosas a once or twice a year. They're traditionally fried, but I bake mine and they come out deliciously crispy. It's a fun family project because it involves making the dough, making mashed potatoes, and then assembling it all into the little pastries.

3. Joanne

Joanne New Member

It would be nice to find a cookbook from India. I would love to try cooking some Indian food at home. I have a collection of different cookbooks from around the world. i think that traditional cook books are the best. You can really get an idea of how people cook in each regions.

4. JoJo

JoJo New Member

I have just read up on samosas Daira. They sound wonderful and I'm looking forward to trying them myself. I would like to find a recipe book for Indian food also. Surely there is someone out there that can offer a suggestion.

5. Delilah

Delilah New Member

I don't own an Indian recipe book, but there is so much you can find on the internet. A good Youtube channel I always watch is called Tarla Dalal if I'm not mistaken. It's great and has loads of recipes.

6. JoJo

JoJo New Member

I just accessed the Tarla Dalal You Tube site and it's great. I watched her make Tikis. A good looking dish made with vegetables and several spices. I'd love to try these.