1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day Cruises

Discussion in 'Cruise' started by Tyson, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Tyson

Tyson New Member

Is there anyway to find out if there is day cruises that can take you from one city to another by water. I think it would be fun to take a boat to my next destination and not have to fly. Do you know anyone who offers day cruises that I might be able to contact.

2. Benti

Benti New Member

I have also thought I might want to check out a day cruise when I visit India. However, I wanted to wait and see if time allows. I thought it would probably be best to find one while I'm there, if it even is a possibilty.

3. grace

grace New Member

I've seen advertisements for daytime cruises along the Kerala that will take you to different places during the cruise. It looks beautiful and you get to see villagers go about their daily activities. Check out TripAdvisor for different cruise companies.

4. Kira

Kira Guest

This is exactly what I am looking for Grace. I want to see everyday regular life in India rather than be a catered to tourist. This area of the world holds such mystique for me. I can't wait to book my trip.

5. tabby

tabby Member

I saw this one from Goa Tourism Development Corporation: Department of Tourism, Government of Goa, India - Cruises. Well, they're basically for tourists. I'm not sure if you'll still be interested. But it's worth a look.
    Off the top of my head, if your interest is in the daily life - then cruises should not be what you should be looking out for. Instead, you should go for what's available by way of local transportation and possibly look into homestays. Trying out the local transportation should provide a better local color experience. I doubt locals go on cruises, as they basically know how to get around their area without having to avail of tour options. By default, cruises are meant to cater tourists.

Admin likes this.
  6. Joanne

Joanne New Member

Grace this sounds perfect. I would love to travel one day by water. I think it would be an excellent way to relax, view the coast line, and enjoy a day on the water. I know there is better way to travel in India but I have always wanted to take a cruise ship. I don't want a 7 day cruise. I just want a 1 day cruise.

7. Andrew

Andrew New Member

That is an interesting idea. I'm not sure if I'll have the time to do this one. My trip to India is for business and also pleasure. I have a few meeting to attend, but will have plenty of time to enjoy the sights. I have added a few days extra to my stay. I don't want to travel that far and not be able to enjoy the sights and the cities.

8. Ted

Ted New Member

I would be more interested in a cruise that lasts for a week or two around India. Are there such options available? Has anyone tried them?