1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi to Corbett by Road

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Wanderlust, May 31, 2016.

1. Wanderlust

Wanderlust Member

I am planning to visit Jim Corbett National Park over the next weekend from Delhi. Can someone please suggest me what is the best mode of road transport to go to Corbett from New Delhi? I don't have a car here in Delhi, but if driving down myself is the better option, then I would probably hire a self-drive vehicle from ZoomCar. So kindly advise on the best possible route and driving directions as well. I would also like to know approximately how much time it would take for the journey.

I don't think it will be possible to come back in one day, so planning to book an accommodation near the park as well. Please let me know if you are aware of any budget hotels/lodges near Corbett National Park. I have a limited budget and prefer the hotel tariff to be in the range of INR 1500-2000 per night. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Delhi to Corbett by Bus:

The distance from Dehli to Corbett is around 240 KM. There are direct buses from Delhi to Ramnagar, which is the nearest town and the gateway to Jim Corbett National Park. You can catch a bus to Ramnagar from ISBT bus stand in Anand Vihar. The bus journey from Delhi to Ramnagar usually takes around 6-7 hours. Corbett National Park is just around 5 KM away from Ramnagar bus stand. You can hire an auto rickshaw for around 80-100 bucks to arrive at the Park entrance.

Delhi to Corbett by Train:

Train is the other mode of public transport from Delhi to Corbett. Ranikhet Express (train no 15013) runs daily from Delhi to Ramnagar. It departs from Delhi at 10:45 PM and arrives in Ramnagar at 5:15 AM on the next morning. You can also book your return journey by the same train. From Ramnagar, it starts at 8:45 PM and reaches Delhi at 4 AM. It is unlikely that you can get a confirmed reservation at such a short notice, but you could probably try booking through Tatkal quota. Train journey is way more comfortable than the 7 hours long bus journey.

Delhi to Corbett by Car:

If you are planning to drive down to Corbett from Delhi, then the best option is to take NH24 via Harpur, Garhmukteshwar and Gajraula. Continue to drive along NH24 past Gajraula to arrive at Muradabad. From there drive towards Thakurdwara, Kashpur and Ramnagar. Distance is around 257 KM and it can take about 6 hours by car. This is the best route to reach Corbett from Delhi.

Route 1: Delhi - Harpur - Garhmukteshwar - Gajraula - Muradabad - Thakurdwara - Kashpur - Ramnagar - Corbett.

If you are looking to visit the Sonanadi Range of Corbett, then there is a better option. Take NH24 till Gajraula, turn left towards Chandpur and then continue onto NH74 via Dhampur, Afzalgarh and Kalagarh. The total distance is around 237 KM and it would take about 5 hours to arrive at the Sonanadi Zone of Corbett National Park.

Route 2: Delhi - Harpur - Garhmukteshwar - Gajraula - Chandpur - Dhampur - Kalagarh - Corbett (Sonanadi Range).

For budget accommodation near Corbett, you can try Karan's Corbett Motel. It's a decent hotel with parking facility. The tariff is around INR 1200 per night and the location is very near to the park entrance. Another budget hotel at Ramnagar is Hotel Corbett Plaza. Corbett Tulsi Palace is also pretty affordable. There are a few more economy class hotels around Corbett. So finding a room within your budget won't be too difficult. As you are planning to visit Corbett over a weekend, I would strongly suggest you to book your stay in advance.

Regards,
    Deb

Wanderlust likes this.

3. Kritika

Kritika New Member

Hi there!!!!!!!
    From Delhi to Jim Corbett Park you have to cover the distance of approx. 235 - 237 Km and it took almost 4-5 hours. And for the better good a new road had been constructed and completed in 2015. For your direction requirement drive via Delhi - Hapur – Garhmukeshwar - Moradabad - Thakurdwara - Ramnagar - Corbett National Park, but do not enter the city of Moradabad and take right turn from Bypass (Moradabad).
    And about the accommodation you will find many motels, Lodge & Hotels near the park which will be according to your budget. So have a great trip.

4. Renuka

Renuka New Member

I am going to go Nainital in May with the family, do you think it a good idea to fit Jim Corbett in too. Would it be better to go to Jim Corbett from Nainital or Delhi?