1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day Trip To Corbett?

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by Travguy, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Travguy

Travguy Member

I was planning to visit Corbett park during my trip but I am really short of time. Do you think I would be able to fit in Corbett as a day trip or will it take more than a day. By the way I will be staying in Delhi and I have 2 days in the city.

2. Salman

Salman New Member

A day trip would be tooo hectic because it takes about 6 hours to reach there. If you are going there with the purpose of sighting wildlife you cannot do it in a day. The time will be short as you will be traveling most of the time.

3. Igor

Igor New Member

Yes, a day for traveling to Corbett park and also to view animals would be too short a time. Why don't you take a vehicle that will take you there overnight, and then you can spend the day there and came back to Delhi in the night again?

4. Rocky

Rocky New Member

It will take you 2 days. A half day to go to Corbett and then a half or a day to spend some time there. You will need about 6 hours to come back to Delhi. Doing it in a day is not possible at all.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, @Travguy!

The distance between Delhi and Jim Corbett National Park is about 248.4 kms. You can reach the latter in about six hours or more. A day trip is possible if you leave Delhi very early. You can make it in time for the afternoon safari. The national park has two timings for the safari: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The timings vary per the different zones and the seasons. Some of the timings are:
    • Bijrani Zone: October to March - 6:00 am and 1:30 pm, April to June - 5:45 am and 2:30 pm.
    • Jhirna Zone: October to March - 6:00 am and 1:30 pm, April to Juner - 5:45 am and 2:30 pm.
    • Durga Devi Zone: October to March - 6:00 am and 1:30 pm, April to June - 5:45 am and 2:30 pm.
    • Dhikala Zone: All-year round - 6:00 am and 1:30 pm.
    • Dhela Zone: October to March - 7:00 am and 2:00 pm, April to June - 6:00 am and 3:00 pm.

These are not fixed times. They can change depending on the management and the season. It's important to note that the national park is closed during the monsoon season, except for the Dhikala Zone. So with these timings in mind, you can definitely reach the national park in one day. The best thing you can do is leave early before 6:00 am so you can reach the national park before the afternoon safari starts.

All zones have advanced morning booking available in the website of the Jim Corbett National Park. For the afternoon safaris, they are only available on a first come, first serve basis. The Sonanadi Ecotourism Zone (Buffer Zone Outside the Park) doesn't have advanced booking and has first come, first serve basis. Bijrani and Dhikala Zones have Elephant Safaris available but only on first come, first serve basis.

The afternoon safari ends at 6:00 or 7:00 pm. You can hire a vehicle to take you back in Delhi although you might reach the place at midnight already. Otherwise, you have accommodation options in the park as well, if you're up for that. Then, you can leave early in the morning the next day.

I hope this helps!