1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi To Corbett By Car

Discussion in 'North India' started by Sharma's, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Sharma's

Sharma's New Member

We are a family of five and will be traveling to Jim Corbett from New Delhi. It will be our first trip to Corbett and that too in our vehicle.
    My wife and I may take turns in driving if it gets tiring.

To make our journey easier, we would like to know about the trip from Delhi to Jim Corbett by car and any issues which we may come across.
    We would also like to know what the best route to take would be, and an idea of how long it would take to reach Corbett from Delhi.

As we have three small kids with us, we would like recommendations on where we should stop for food. Hygiene is important.

I always prefer getting my car tyres checked a petrol pump on a long journey, so an idea of how many petrol pumps I would come across would be good to know.

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I cannot answer everything, but I have heard to take Thakurdwara route. Also, to avoid Tanda, as it is more like a path through a forest than a road. It should be about 6 hours, I think. Also, do you know if you need any transport permits? I am not sure if there are any applicable road taxes or tolls.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Sharma's! Welcome to the forum!

There are two routes that you can take to reach Corbett from Delhi. These are the following routes:
    • Route No. 1 via Kashipur - Delhi > Ghaziabad > Hapur > Gajraula > Moradabad > Kashipur > Thakurdwar > Ramnagar > Corbett.
    This first route is about 268 kms and can take 5 to 7 hours to cover. Road conditions here are excellent. In the past, the stretch from Moradabad to Kashipur was in bad condition. There were potholes and rough patches back then. However, the roads starting from Moradabad until Ramnagar were recently renovated and the drive to reach Corbett is smoother now. This route also has tolls since it's maintained by the government.
    • Route No. 2 via Kaladhungi - Delhi > Ghaziabad > Moradabad > Rampur > Swar > Bazpur > Kaladhungi > Ramnagar > Corbett.
    This route is about 277 kms and can also take 5 to 7 hours to cover. With this route, Delhi to Rampur roads are in excellent conditions. From Rampur to Swar, the roads are okay although there are some patches of bad ones. From Bazpur to Kaladhungi, road conditions are poor and you will encounter some potholes along the area. However, this was from last year, and I don't know if they have renovated the roads already.

I'd suggest the first route for you since it's well-maintained. You won't encounter much problems and you can easily reach Corbett from Delhi through this route.

Your stopover can either be at Gajraula or Moradabad. Gajraula is about 130 kms from Delhi while Moradabad is about 170 kms from Delhi.

Here are some restaurants around Garjaula that you can try:
    • Moga Punjabi Tadka - This restaurant has Indian and Asian cuisines. The restaurant has a nice and clean ambience. Their restrooms are also very hygienic. Some of the must try dishes here are the following: kheer and stuffed parathas. Their address is: Moradabad Road, Gajraula JP Nagar, Gajraula 244235.
    • Bikanerwala - This restaurant has Indian cuisine. They have ample parking space as well as clean restrooms. The entire restaurant is hygienic as well. Try out their dhokla and rajkachori. Their address is: NH 24, Gajraula 263153.
    • Udupiwala - They also have Indian cuisine. They have an AC area and a non-AC area as well. Their dosas and aloo parathas are worth trying out. Their address is: NH 24, Gajraula 262001.
    • Tadka - They mostly have vegetarian Indian dishes. Try out their lassi and pakoras. Their address is: NH 24, Gajraula, India.
    Here are some restaurants around Moradabad that you can try:
    • Bambozz Walk - They mostly have Indian dishes. They are a very hygienic restaurant along the highway. Their address is: TDI City Road, Moradabad 244001.
    • Luckki Di Mutkki - This restaurant has Indian vegetarian dishes. The restaurant is very clean and hygienic too. They're one of the few restaurants in Moradabad with ample parking space. Try out their aloo parathas. Their address is: Munda Pandey, Opposite Hawai Patti, Moradabad 244001‎.
    In Ghaziabad, there are plenty of petrol pumps so you won't need to worry when you're passing through here. In Hapur, there's one petrol pump along the highway called Bharat Petrol Pump. In the Gajraula Highway, there are about five petrol pumps that you'd pass through along the way. In Moradabad, there are plenty of petrol pumps along the way, about 10 of them. Kashipur also has about five petrol pumps. From Thakurdwar to Corbett, there's only a handful of petrol pumps.

I hope this helps.

:)