1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi to Agra by road

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by MPD007, Aug 21, 2016.

1. MPD007

MPD007 New Member

The family is planning a Delhi to Agra trip and we wish to travel by road, and the options we have are in our vehicle or getting a taxi.

If we take our car, the only downside is that it may get too tiring for me driving around, and I don't think the Agra traffic is all great. In all, I don't think I would be able to enjoy the trip at all.

The plus point for getting a taxi is that the trip would be relaxing as someone else would be driving. The downside is that the quote which has been given is quite high and something which I didn't expect.

We do plan to stay in Agra for 2-3 days, so please give your suggestions to that.

If I take my own vehicle, which route should I take?

Admin likes this.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

You could drive to Agra and get a taxi for local sightseeing. This would save money for you and you won't have to do local driving.

Your best option in my view is drive to Agra and get a local taxi to get around within Agra.

I would suggest taking the Yamuna expressway if you go from Delhi to Agra by car.

3. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

As Chahal already suggested, your best option (and economical) is to drive to Agra in your own car, take the express way or the NH1 if you also want to save another Rs 500 on toll taxes and get a taxi locally in Agra. One thing I would like to add is that while in Agra your cheapest option is to get taxi from OLA baba ;) Ola cabs Fare in agra | Taxi fare in agra | Cabs Fare Calculator in agra have a look at the fares, you will save a lot as opposed to hiring a taxi for full day and just get from point to point.