1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi to Dalhousie Route Options

Discussion in 'North India' started by Himesh, May 5, 2015.

1. Himesh

Himesh New Member

I will be making a road trip to Dalhousie from Delhi for the first time and need some clarification on the route which I have chosen. I also need to know what other route options there from Delhi to Dalhousie and which one is the best.
    The current Delhi to Dalhousie route I have is:

Delhi -Ambala - Chandigarh - Ropar - Hoshiarpur - Pathankot - Banikhet - Dalhousie.

Please add any changes if required.

I would also like to know what would be the best time to leave Delhi for this route?

2. Anurag

Anurag Member

This is the same route I had taken when I went to Dalhousie, I don't think there is any other route if there is I would love to know.

3. Abhi

Abhi New Member

I think this is the same router but more detailed.

Delhi - Transport Nagar - Panipat - Karnal - Pipli - Ambala - Khanna - Ludhiana - Jalandhar - Mukerian - Pathankot - Nurpur - Banikhet - Dalhousie

4. RaviDua

RaviDua New Member

Yes Abhi the route you have mentioned is the same as the one mentioned by Himesh, expect the route you have posted is detailed with names of other cities/towns.

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

That is the best route to get to Dalhousie from Delhi. There are other routes like you could go straight to Amritsar and then go to Pathankot from there like mentioned in this thread Amritsar to Dalhousie but that is a longer route and will get more traffic too. The plan you have posted is the best way to do this.