1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance from Dharamshala to Dalhousie

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Davinder, May 31, 2016.

1. Davinder

Davinder New Member

Dharamshala is a four drive from where I live which is an ok drive, but my primary destination is Dalhousie. I would like to know the details of the distance from Dharamshala to Dalhousie.

I would also like to know how long it would take by car to reach Dalhousie from Dharamshala and how long would it take by bus?

If I don't take my vehicle, is it easy getting public transport within Dalhousie to go out and exploring the place or going out to eat?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The distance between Dharamshala and Dalhousie is about 117 kms. If you take a car, that's about three and a half hours of travel time.

By car, it can take anywhere between three to four hours, depending on traffic. By bus, it can take anywhere between five to six hours, again depending on traffic or delays. The bus you have to take is at McLeodganj in Dharamshala. Here's the timings of the Prince Travels operator:

• 8:00 am
    • 9:30 am
    • 12:45 pm
    Bus fare varies but starts at Rs. 200 and can go higher.

There are buses around Dalhousie if you need to use public transport. Alternatively, you can opt for motorcycles for short distances. It's better to hire a car or taxi at night though as it gets really cold.

I hope this helps!