1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi To Mussoorie

Discussion in 'Uttarakhand' started by Uttkarsh, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Uttkarsh

Uttkarsh New Member

I am planning a Delhi to Mussoorie trip with my friends in the coming week.
    As it would be our first time on this route, we need some help with what route we should take. We want a smooth road and prefer if there is a less traffic as we dont want to be stuck in places where there is always traffic, it would just waste a lot of time, and we don't have many days at Mussoorie so want to make the most of the free time we have.

Please also recommend some places to eat on the way to Mussoorie, we would stop at the most at two places.

Are there any flyovers on the way which would shorten the traveling time, sometimes flyovers easily get missed by not taking the right road, so please do inform of any.

2. Anurag

Anurag Member

According to your requirements I would suggest the following route from Delhi to Mussoorie:

Delhi - Ghaziabad - Modinagar - Meerut - Muzaffarnagar - Roorkee - Dehradun - Mussoorie

The places I would recommend for eating at on the way are Cheetals and Moolchand, which you would find near Khatauli bye-pass, both serve excellent food. After Khatauli, you have options to eat at places like Cafe Midway, Haldirams or McDonalds.

Yes, there is flyover which is the Partapur flyover in Meerut, which you should take to save time.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

If you stop in Meerut, I would get some food at Alfa Spice Restaurant. It has some very tasty food, and good atmosphere. It is probably the best restaurant in Meerut, and worth going to, especially for a nice trip.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's a few routes that you can take from Delhi to Mussoorie and their advantages:
    • Route No. 1: Delhi > Ghaziabad > Hapur > Meerut > Muzaffarnagar > Roorkee > Dehradun > Mussoorie. This is considered as one of the longest routes out of all your choices. It's a nice route to take if you're near Hapur Road in Ghaziabad though. This is about 300 kms and can take 6 to 7 hours to reach your destination.
    • Route No. 2: Delhi > Sonipat > Baraut > Meerut > Muzaffarnagar > Roorkee > Dehradun > Mussoorie. This is a good route as it doesn't go through the busy streets of Delhi. It's also the best route for people who live around Rohini. This is about 304 kms and some roads are in bad condition. You might reach Mussoorie in 6 to 7 hours as well.
    • Route No. 3: Delhi > Sonipat > Panipat > Shamli > Muzaffarnagar > Roorkee > Dehradun > Mussoorie. You can also escape the busy streets of Delhi through this route and it's in a better condition than the second route. This is about 299 kms and you can reach Mussoorie in about 6 hours or more.
    • Route No. 4: Delhi > Ghaziabad > Modinagar > Meerut > Muzaffarnagar > Roorkee > Dehradun > Mussoorie. The best and shortest route you can take. At about 289 kms only, you can reach Mussoorie in about 5 and a half to 6 hours.
    You can find two flyovers: one at the Delhi to Ghaziabad route and the other at the Ghaziabad to Hapur route. These are all en route to Meerut.

You can have stopovers in either Meerut or Muzaffarnagar. Some good eateries here are:

1. Muzaffarnagar:
    • Cheetal Grand. Located in NH 58 in Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar. There's a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes as well as Indian and Chinese cuisines. The washrooms here are very clean and well-maintained as well.
    • Namaste Midway Restaurant. You can find other various fast-food chains here as well like McDonald's and KFC. The bathrooms here are also very clean.
    2. Meerut
    • Bikanerwala. They have some snacks and coffee if you're not that hungry. Otherwise, they also have meals for lunch with some variety.
    I hope this helps!