1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haridwar To Mussoorie Bus

Discussion in 'Uttarakhand' started by Sonali Roy, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sonali Roy

Sonali Roy New Member

I would be visiting Haridwar and would like to extend my holiday and spend some time at Mussoorie as well. I would like to know if there are buses from Haridwar to Mussoorie and once we get to Mussoorie how to visit Kempty falls?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Yes there are plenty of buses from Haridwar to Mussorie throughout the day.

There are shared jeeps,auto rikshaws available from Mussoorie for Kempty falls. There used to be diesel run Vikrams as well back in the days but not sure if they still do because I haven't seen a vikram in the last few years anywhere in India.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I have heard it is better to go by taxi. There are taxi stands at both ends of the mall, so it should be easy to get one. The Rickshaws really only run in the flat section of town, which is essentially the mall.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I wasn't able to find direct buses from Haridwar to Mussoorie although I've read they are available. Unfortunately though, I cannot seem to find bus timings for this route online. However, I was able to find an indirect way which would be:

1. First Step: Ride a bus from Haridwar to Dehradun. This is about 43 kms and can take anywhere between 2 to 3 hours to cover the distance. You can find the Haridwar Bus Station opposite the Haridwar Railway Station. There are about 4 buses for this route operated by the Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Bus timings are:
    • 4:00 am to 6:30 am (AC 2+2) at Rs. 104
    • 4:30 am to 5:55 am (AC 2+2) at Rs. 102
    • 6:35 am to 8:15 am (Volvo 2+2) at Rs. 229
    • 4:15 pm to 6:00 pm (AC 2+2) at Rs. 102
    2. Second Step: Ride a bus from Dehradun to Mussoorie. This is about 33 kms only but since there's a lot of steep curves, it can take 2 to 3 hours to cover the distance as well. You can find the Dehradun Bus Stand near the Dehradun Railway Station. Bus timings are every 20 to 70 minutes. I cannot find the exact timings online.

Now, to get to Kempty Falls, you can ride direct buses from Dehradun to the falls. You can find this in the Dehradun Railway Station, specifically the Hill Bus Services Section. Find buses going to Barkot, Nainbagh, Yamunotri and sometimes, Purola (although ask the driver first if their route includes Kempty Falls). Otherwise, you can also just ride a taxi to take you directly to the Kempty Falls from Dehradun.

I hope this helps!