1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel Options from Haridwar to Mussoorie

Discussion in 'Uttarakhand' started by AbhishekAwasti, Jun 22, 2015.

1. AbhishekAwasti

AbhishekAwasti New Member

I need to get to Mussoorie from Haridwar and need information on what is the best mode of transport. I was thinking of getting a bus if there are any bus services.

If I booked a taxi what would be the cost for a 4 seater car?

Is taking a train to Dehradun and then getting a car to Mussoorie a good idea?

2. MohanPrasad

MohanPrasad New Member

Taking a train would be the best option as it would work out to be cheaper. Getting a taxi would be the most expensive, for a 4 seated car an Indica would be fine which would cost you around Rs8.50 per km.

3. Pravin

Pravin New Member

No matter where you travel you a taxi will cost you a lot more than public transport,so if it is the cheapest option you want then you should go for a bus or train.

4. Shiv

Shiv Member

From your thread post it seems that you want to travel in a low budget, in which case I think you should get a bus to Mussoorie. The cheapest cost for a taxi from Haridwar to Mussoorie would be around Rs2800 one way.

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There are large autos (Vikram) that ply between Dehradun and Mussorie. You can also take a roadways bus from Haridwar to Mussorie or even share a cab as they pick passangers at Haridwar bus stop. It is a very short distance and you will find a lot of options there which would fit a low budget easily.

Taking a taxi on your own will cost a lot more.

6. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here are your options for transportation from Haridwar to Mussoorie:

1. Bus. You can ride a bus first from Haridwar to Dehradun which is about 43 kms. This can take anywhere between 2 to 3 hours of travel time. The Haridwar Bus Station is opposite the Haridwar Railway Station. There are about 4 buses for this route operated by the Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Then, from Dehradun, ride a bus to Mussoorie which is about 33 kms away. The Dehradun Bus Stand is just nearby the Dehradun Railway Station.

Bus timings for the UPSRTC buses from Haridwar to Dehradun are:
    • 4:00 am to 6:30 am (AC 2+2)
    • 4:30 am to 5:55 am (AC 2+2)
    • 6:35 am to 8:15 am (Volvo 2+2)
    • 4:15 pm to 6:00 pm (AC 2+2)
    Fares vary from Rs. 102 to Rs. 229 per passenger. It depends on the bus type.

For the buses from Dehradun to Mussoorie, bus timings are every 20 to 70 minutes. Rates are from Rs. 60 to Rs. 100 for ordinary buses.

2. Train. You can also opt to ride a train up to Dehradun and take a bus from there to Mussoorie. Train timings are:
    • Kathgodam - Dehradun Express Train No. 14119: From Monday to Sunday, departs at 2:55 and arrives at 4:20.
    • Dehradun Express Train No. 12687: Wednesdays and Saturdays, departs at 3:28 and arrives at 5:00.
    • New Delhi - Dehradun Express Train No. 12205: Runs everyday, departs at 3:55 and arrives at 5:40.
    Then, you have the same bus option from Dehradun to Mussoorie as above.

3. Taxi. This is the most expensive option but the most reliable and comfortable.

Here is the rates for different taxis:

1. Cab Booking.
    • Tata Indigo at Rs. 677
    • Maruti Alto at Rs. 677
    • Tata Indica at Rs. 677
    • Hyundai Santro at Rs. 761
    Yes, taking the train can be a good idea. It's a cheap, economical and convenient way of travelling especially if you choose the higher class option for the seat.

I hope this helps!

Prakriti likes this.