1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance between Agra to Jaipur

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by AtulVerma, Oct 26, 2016.

1. AtulVerma

AtulVerma New Member

I am taking my family to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and what I would like to do is take them ahead towards Jaipur, but I don't know whether it would be feasible.

I would like to know what the distance between Agra to Jaipur is and also the time it would take to drive there, so I can decide whether to go or not. I am hoping the drive would not be any more than 5 hours else I don't think I would be able to take them to Jaipur this time round.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

The road distance between Agra and Jaipur is about 239 kilometres. Driving this distance can take you around 4 hours, more or less. This depends though on what time to leave, as usually, there's a rush around Agra since it is a popular tourist destination. But if you leave early, your journey duration won't be more than 4 hours. Here is the route that you need to take to reach Jaipur from Agra:
    • Route via National Highway 11 - Agra > Fatehpur Sikri > Bharatpur > Chhokarwara Kalan > Bamanpura > Dausa > Kanauta > Jaipur.
    Overall, this route is in a good condition. From Agra to Bharatpur, road conditions are great. But starting the journey from Agra to Fatehpur Sikri, you might find that roads have single lanes. They are quite narrow and can get congested during rush hours. But barring that, road journey until Bharatpur is excellent.

From Bharatpur to Dausa, roads are in excellent condition. Most are four lanes while there are also some stretches with six lanes. Roads are smooth with fresh tarmac and easy to drive in. There are some speed bumps along the way though especially as you reach National Highway 11 from Bharatpur.

From Dausa to Jaipur, roads are also in good condition. Enter through Tonk Road and you would reach Jaipur in a few minutes. Roads are widely spread though and can accommodate many vehicles.

Just remember that these roads are best traversed during day light. You can have a quick snack after you pass through Fatehpur Sikri or just eat directly at Jaipur. But yes, there are a few roadside dhabas and sweets stalls around the highway that you can enjoy a meal in.

Also, since you're passing through Fatehpur Sikri and Bharatpur, why not visit these cities as well? Bharatpur has the Keoladeo Ghana National Park while Fatehpur Sikri is designated as an UNESCO World Heritage Site.

I hope this helps you!:)