1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance between Domestic and International Airport in Kolkata

Discussion in 'East India' started by Rajshree, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Rajshree

Rajshree New Member

My arrival is at Kolkata International Airport, and I then need to get a connecting flight from the domestic airport. The tickets have been booked separately, and it is only known that I have realized that I have not even checked the distance between the domestic and international airport in Kolkata.

If the distance is too far, then I don't think I would be able to make the domestic flight. I need to know the exact distance from the international and domestic airport in Kolkata, with an idea of how long it would take in rush hours and non-rush hours.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

The distance between the International and Domestic airports in Kolkata is very short. In fact, you can walk from terminal to terminal without any problems. Allot at least 10 to 15 minutes for your travel time from one terminal to another. To be quite safe, make sure that you get the front seat in your plane. This way, you can easily depart and go to your next terminal after the first flight.

It depends on whether you travel during peak season but expect it to have lines especially in the immigration check. As much as possible, rush to the line to avoid being delayed in your next flight. Allot at least 15 minutes for this as well.

You'd have to wait for your luggage to arrive, 10 to 15 minutes. Then you also need to check in your luggage, again another 15 minutes.

All in all, give or take, you need an allowance of an hour or two. I hope this helps!