1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Mumbai International Airport?

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Nayyer, Jan 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nayyer

Nayyer New Member

I will be traveling to Mumbai and be getting to my first destination is easy, but on my way back when I need to get my flight back home from Mumbai airport I need some help.

It has not been finalized to what my last destination in Mumbai will be, so I can not mention where I would be traveling from. I have heard the traffic in Mumbai is bad and if getting a flight the worst thing is being late and missing your flight, so I need to know all the options on how to reach Mumbai International Airport and decide which would be better at that time.

2. Mohit Eagle

Mohit Eagle Member

There are three options you have to travel to Mumbai International Airport and that is by train, bus or taxi.

Train
    Unfortunately, there is no train which goes direct to the airport, and the nearest train station to Mumbai international airport is Andheri East Railway Station. The distance from Andheri West railway station to Mumbai International Airport is only 3km, and from the station, you can easily get an auto or taxi. A word of warning the local Mumbai trains are very crowded so if you don't like the crowd then best to avoid traveling by train.

Bus
    Bus services are also available, but like you said that you don't know where you would be traveling from, so it is difficult to suggest which bus route to take. One suggestion I can give is getting a bus to Vile Parle and then getting the bus 321 from Vile Parle East which would take you to Mumbai International Airport. A bus can take some time, as there would be many stops in between the journey.

Taxi
    I would think that getting a taxi would be your best option, especially if you will have luggage with and are far away from the airport. But like you said that there is a lot of traffic in Mumbai leave between 2-3 hours prior to your checking in time.

3. Karan

Karan Member

Certainly! Mumbai is a bustling city, and reaching Mumbai International Airport (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport) can be done through various modes of transportation. Here are some options you can consider:

1. Taxi / Ride-Hailing Services:
    • Availability: Taxis are available throughout Mumbai.
    • Advantages: Convenient and direct.
    • Considerations: Traffic conditions can affect travel time, especially during peak hours.
    2. Mumbai Local Train:
    • Availability: Mumbai has a suburban train network.
    • Advantages: Cost-effective, especially during peak traffic hours.
    • Considerations: Trains can be crowded, and luggage space may be limited.
    3. Metro Rail:
    • Availability: Limited routes but expanding.
    • Advantages: Fast and relatively less affected by road traffic.
    • Considerations: Limited routes may not cover all parts of the city.
    4. Private Car / Rental Car:
    • Availability: Rental car services are available.
    • Advantages: Offers flexibility and comfort.
    • Considerations: Traffic conditions can impact travel time.
    5. Bus Services:
    • Availability: Public buses and shuttle services.
    • Advantages: Budget-friendly option.
    • Considerations: Travel time may vary based on the route.
    6. Airport Shuttle Services:
    • Availability: Private shuttle services may be available.
    • Advantages: Dedicated service to the airport.
    • Considerations: Check availability and schedule.
    7. Auto-Rickshaw:
    • Availability: Common in certain areas.
    • Advantages: Maneuver through traffic, especially in congested areas.
    • Considerations: Limited luggage space.
    Tips for Consideration:
    • Traffic Conditions: Mumbai is known for traffic congestion. Plan your departure time considering peak traffic hours.

• Distance from Location: Depending on your starting point, choose a mode of transportation that suits the distance.

• Travel Time Estimates: Check the estimated travel time using maps or transportation apps.

• Booking in Advance: For taxis or ride-hailing services, consider booking in advance.

• Backup Plan: Have a backup plan in case your primary mode of transportation faces unexpected delays.

• Airport Alerts: Sign up for alerts from the airport or your airline for any updates on your flight status.
    Remember to factor in potential delays due to unforeseen circumstances. Choose a transportation mode that aligns with your schedule and ensures you reach the airport comfortably and on time for your flight. Safe travels!