1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Europe to India Plug Adapter

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Agustus, Jun 19, 2016.

  1. Agustus

    Agustus New Member

    I will be in India next month, and I have a query regarding the plug conversions. I need to what kind of Europe to India plug adapter I need. I would like the information to be correct as I don't want to buy an adapter and then find out it is the wrong one (they are costly in Germany).

    Another question I have is would it be cheaper to buy the Europe to India plug adapter from India, would it even be available in India?

  2. briannagodess

    briannagodess Well-Known Member

    Hello and welcome to the forum!

    So first of all, the voltage in most hotels and guest houses in India is 230 V. They mostly have 50 Hz and the plug types are C, M and D. Plug type C can only be connected with socket C, both has two prongs. The type D has three prongs in a triangular pattern, it can only be connected to sockets C and D. The type M has three prongs and can only be connected to socket M.

    A standard European plug (with two prongs) can actually fit into the socket. But you would need to do some modifications in order for it to push through. The voltage in Germany is the same, 230 V so you won't have a problem bringing your hair dryer or gadgets in India. You can just buy an adapter if you want to. You can look through Amazon and find multi-purpose adapters.

    But it's cheaper to just buy from India, you can get adapters for as low as Rs 50. And you can be sure that they will as well.

    I hope this helps!
    Admin likes this.