1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra day within the golden triangle

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by AlanRobson, Jul 30, 2015.

1. AlanRobson

AlanRobson New Member

We (my wife and myself) are going to India for the golden triangle tour in November, and we have sorted out the itinerary which covers all the places that we want to see. After travelling time and sightseeing time we are still left with an extra day and are quite confused to where the extra day should be spent. It would be great to get some ideas from members to where the extra day should be spent, as some help we are interested in history and architecture.

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

I would suggest a visit to Fatehpur Sikri and Bharatpur while you are at Agra. Fatehpur Sikri is a fort and palace which is about an hours drive from Agra and Bharatpur another 20 mins which is a bird sanctuary. We also have a detailed thread about Bharatpur bird sanctuary that you can go through to decide if it is your thing.

Alexandoy likes this.

3. Shiv

Shiv Member

You can also go to Puskar which is on the Jaisalmer side or go to Neemrana Fort which is a historical palace.

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There is nothing to see at Pushkar. Pushkar is more of a 4-5 days kind of destination where you just relax and do nothing. Neemrana fort is a historical place but it is now a heritage hotel.

Alexandoy likes this.
  5. Vishal

Vishal New Member

When going to Agra you can go a bit further on to Fatehpur Sikri, or even go to Udaipur from Jaipur. It depends on what you really want to do with the extra day either relax or go sightseeing.