1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family Friendly Destinations

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by baldyhead, Dec 30, 2015.

1. baldyhead

baldyhead New Member

We're going to look at a family trip to India during the first half of the year and want to find some nice, friendly and non resort destinations we can visit. Possibly try to go during Pawgwha or Diwali as i think that would be an awesome experience.

2. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

Chitrakoot, Teerathgadh, Sirpur are some of the family known and located in Chhattisgarh.

3. Anika

Anika New Member

Is there any particular part of India you would like to go to or considered, as the choice is endless?

4. Sharath S

Sharath S Member

I think there are a lot of family-friendly historic places to visit in Southern India. The problem with these places is that they get very cold during winter, making the trip uncomfortable. But on a side note, it is wise to travel to the Southern parts of India during the very beginning of rains showers. The climate at this time of the year is very soothing and the fresh smell of the first rains in these places must be enjoyed. The ancient temples and architecture will make you crave for more. We had a great time in South India. I think travelling in India during Diwali is kind of complex. You would be amazed by the lights and crackers and the celebrations during Diwali but there will be a lot of road obstructions and smoke due to crackers. I can understand that some people get intolerant when waiting on the roads surrounded by fire crackers. If that wouldn't bother you, I would recommend that you travel during Diwali and take part in the celebrations. I am confident that this would be a great experience for you