1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free wifi zone

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Alexandoy, May 15, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Are there wifi areas in Indian cities? Some Asian countries have free wifi in the so called wifi zone like in a park or even in the streets. When we were in Japan last March, I have noticed that almost all tourists spots have free wifi and no password at that. I’m asking this because the internet is our only link with our home since we do not use a roaming plan for our cellphone. We use the Facebook messenger to connect to our house. And if there is no wifi then we are somehow lost. Maybe the big cities in India have free wifi zones?

adrklkol likes this.

2. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

Most of big cities have free wi-fi zones, But if you use the wi-fi service by not using passwords, you are prone to virus attacks or similar threats in today's world. So, be careful.

Alexandoy likes this.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I personally use Reliance JIO sim card that gives me 1GB data per day for Rs300 per month and that is more than enough while traveling I believe. To add to this, night time data is not counted towards this 1GB per day allowance so if you have got large video files just leave them to upload during the night. You can easily get a prepaid Reliance JIO sim card when you arrive. You can also get an Airtel or another company's sim card if you want but they are a little pricey.

Wifi zones aren't very popular in India as mobile data does not cost an arm and a leg like other countries. We have one of the cheapest mobile data rates in the world so don't restrict yourself by looking for wifi zones, just get a local sim card.