1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golden Chariot Train

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by amelia88, Mar 12, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I love the idea of train travel - to me it's such a great way of seeing the countryside when I'm traveling!

I heard recently about a train in southern India called the Golden Chariot. Now, it's probably well, well outside what my budget would allow, but it looks incredible!

Everything about it looks so luxurious, from the rooms, to the dining facilities - there's even a spa and a gym on board.

Has anyone ever ridden this train, or does anyone have plans to? I'd love to hear more about it!

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I rode on the Far Eastern Orient Express, which was great. It crossed of the river Kwai. It is a similar sort of luxury train, and was amazing. I would recommend it to anyone who can afford the price of a ticket. I have always loved the idea of trains, so it was great for me.

amelia88 likes this.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

That one is definitely on my bucket list! But right now it's waaaaaay out of my price range. I think maybe once I'm older and retired and have (hopefully!) got some money saved up and don't have to work anymore, I would love to do as many of these luxury train trips as possible.