1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gurgaon to Leh on a Scooty

Discussion in 'Jammu & Kashmir' started by Sachita, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Sachita

Sachita New Member

Hello guys and gals
    What I'm sharing here is may be sound stupid for some, but I want to travel in Himalayas on my 110 cc aviator,I feel like k bas ghar se nikal jau apni scooty leke jaha man kare waha..as I love to ride
    So problems are:

1. I need advise if it is possible or not with 110 cc

2. I have never traveled solo so looking for a crazy partner who can join me in my crazy desire.. ;p

3. I have never ride in hills but m confident on my riding skills

4. if possible then what are the precautions and things I should keep in my mind..

5. What papers are required if I travel towards Spiti or Leh..and how practically its possible

please please suggest, otherwise I have no choice other than to travel by bus

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Good to see your enthusiasm but i would advise you to first do a solo ride to some easy hill station and fathom the power of your scooty and your stamina.Scooty can surely go to Ladakh...many people have taken scooty but you need to first learn the basics of solo two wheeler riding and a short ride will prepare you for Ladakh-and Spiti.

3. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Nothing is impossible if you are determined enough. Good to see your confidence over your riding skills as well. But I would suggest you to first go to other places of Himachal and then you would get more confidence on your riding and then you can plan for Spiti/ Leh or any other destination like these it's always said that " Never stop a free bird as it's useless" they would fly limitless.

4. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Well!! It does sound really alluring and so even we want to do it but it isn't a cake walk! I have seen and know people covering this (even Ladakh) through Kinetic Honda and even Bajaj chetak (scooter) and It involves hell a lot of exercise! I am in no way trying to kill your aspiration and I am sure you ride well but it’s good to ponder all the pros n cons. Riding in hills is altogether different from riding in a city. The blind turns, the precipitous slopes, the high climbs n hails n what not.! You must have a basic know how about your vehicle if something goes wrong! at least how to fix a puncture n stuff. desk-bound straight (90 degree) on one place, riding for hours, keeping conscious while driving is all unquestionably a mission. You ride for few hours n realize the bums going numb and back starts hurting n all sorts of things.! It is undeniably a tremendously blissful experience but it is treacherous too. I suggest to begin with, you try the Delhi - Ladakh bus service .. it is safer as compared to bike ride and if you find yourself up and running (because that journey is also a task) when you return.. then think of living your dream. All the best.

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

One great benefit with a two wheeler is that you would zoom past these hundreds of cars waiting in line at Rohtang pass :

Rohtang-pass-traffic-jam.jpg

Water crossings will be a bit tricky due to large surface area of the foot rest which will create a lot of drag is water is deep.