1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hauz Khas Village nearest metro station

Discussion in 'North India' started by Surili, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Surili

Surili New Member

I need to get to Hauz Khas Village and getting there in a car is not something I want to do, as the traffic in Delhi is awful. I would rather get the metro to wherever I need to go.

I know Hauz Khaz does not have a metro station, so would like to know the nearest metro station to it.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Surili, welcome to the forum!

There are several metro stations located closely to Hauz Khas in Delhi. Thus, you won't need to worry about reaching the place via Metro as it is easily accessible. You can easily walk from any of these stations to Hauz Khas or you can hire an auto rickshaw to take you to it. Either way, it won't take as much time but the latter would be more convenient if you are reaching the place during off-peak hours.

Nearest Metro Stations to Hauz Khas

Metro Station NameDistance from Hauz Khas VillageTime to Reach Hauz Khas Village by Walking
    Hauz Khas Metro Station2 kilometres17 minutes
    Green Park Metro Station3 kilometres20 minutes
    INA Metro Station3 kilometres20 minutes
    AIIMS Metro Station4 kilometres23 minutes
    Kailash Colony Metro Station6 kilometres30 minutes
    Nehru Place Metro Station7 kilometres35 minutes
    Saket Metro Station7 kilometres35 minutes

As you can see, the nearest metro stations to Hauz Khas are the Hauz Khas Metro Station and the Green Park Metro Station. Both are under two kilometres away from Hauz Khas. Both stations are under the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro.

The Hauz Khas Metro Station is your most convenient option as it is a walking distance away from the village. However, the Gate No. 1 of the station has been closed since 2013 so you can only utilise the other 2 gates. Unfortunately, the Gate No. 1 directly leads to the Hauz Khas Market. Gate No. 2 leads to the Laxman Public School and Gate No. 3 leads to Vasant Vihar.

The Green Park Metro Station is also a good option. It is the station before the Hauz Khas Metro Station. You can also drop-off at this station and just ride an auto rickshaw to reach Hauz Khas from here. The other stations before this are the AIIMS Metro Station and the INA Metro Station.

If you're coming from the southern part of Delhi, there's the Saket Metro Station, seven kilometres away from Hauz Khas. It is the last station in the southern part of the railway line. If you're coming from Gurgaon or Haryana, you can go for this station.

And lastly, if you're coming from Noida, you can utilise the Kailash Colony Metro Station and Nehru Place Metro Station. They are located on the Violet Line of the Delhi Metro.

I hope this helps you!:)