1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiking Destinations In India?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Gabydi, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

Every year my family and I take a trip somewhere to do some hiking. This year we’re heading to Peru and do the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Next year we’re planning in going India so I’m looking for places to do this. I’ve heard of the Nagalapuram Trek in Andhra Pradesh, but would like to know if someone has been there.

I’m looking for a challenging trek, so I would love other suggestions.

2. nomad

nomad New Member

Do you intend to go as your own group or would you be keen to join a tour? There are quite a few guide groups that can often take you places you would otherwise struggle to gain access to. How old are your family also, as the difficulty of the trek might hinge a little on the ages involved.

That's a great family tradition to have! I live in New Zealand and my family did this a lot when I was younger, just around our home country though.

3. DarkStarling

DarkStarling New Member

As Nomad is saying, the members of your friends play a huge role here, and it depends, really, how hard you want to go when you hike and what your side-dishes of locations and experiences are. There are challenging hikes, but there are also really challenging hikes - if you gotta chose, which one would you prefer?

4. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

Oh, I love your country! I want to do the Te Araroa trail. We always go with guides in a tour so I want to find one that has excellent guides. About my family, well my parents are 51 and 52 respectively, but they are in excellent shape. Last year we did the Everest Base Camp and they handled it better than me, and I hit the gym two hours every day! So, I don’t worry about that.

I would love to know if you went hiking in India, there’s nothing like knowing a real person that can give me references.