1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotel Jai Maa Inn Katra

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Puneet, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Puneet

Puneet New Member

I am planning a Vaishno Devi trip in December and have been looking into the Jai Maa Inn hotel. The property is supposed to be a 4 star, but from the images I have seen it looks nowhere near a 4 star.

How would you rate the property on a level of 1-10?

How clean are the rooms?

Is the staff polite and helpful, as we would have a small child with us, we would like to be assisted when required?

How far is the hotel from the bus stand?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Puneet! Welcome to the forum!

The Jai Ma Inn Hotel in Katra is located on the banks of the Banganga River. It overlooks the Trikuta Mountains. The hotel has 42 rooms and 8 suites evoking an elegance and grandeur of the colonial era. The hotel is located close to the yatra slip sounter, bus stand, taxi stand, main shopping areas and the Katra helipad.

You can choose between these rooms and suites:
    • Classic Room - This is for Rs. 2,999 per night.
    • Upper Classic Room - This is for Rs. 3,999 per night.
    • Luxury Room - This is for Rs. 3,999 per night.
    • Family Room - This is for Rs. 5,999 per night.
    • Personal Suite - This is for Rs. 6,999 per night.
    Room amenities include:
    • Attached bathroom with hot/cold running water, telephone, television, seating area, comfortable bed and bedside table.
    Hotel amenities include:
    • Multi-cuisine vegetarian restaurant, pickup and drop-off services, travel desk, banquet hall, gift shop, salon, in-house laundry, internet services, car parking and spacious lawns.
    Personally, I haven't stayed on the hotel so I might not be the the best judge for this. However, upon looking at reviews from Trip Advisor, it seems like the hotel has gotten mixed reviews from guests. Some reviewers commended the hotel but others have negative reviews about it. I suggest just looking into those reviews and deciding for yourself. Although some believe that these reviews are fake, you'd come by genuine reviews that highlight the pros and the cons of the hotel. Based on reviews though, the hotel would probably be at a 6 to 7 out of 10.

As I've mentioned, I haven't stayed on the hotel. But some of the reviews I've read have mentioned that the hotel is fairly clean. The facilities on rooms might be a bit outdated but the cleanliness is still maintained which is a good thing. I checked older reviews and some mentioned how the rooms were not clean about 4 or 5 years ago. But the recent reviews mentioned that the rooms are quite clean now.

Most reviews mentioned that the staff here were very cooperative and polite. Some reviews did mention some problems with housekeeping or some misunderstandings with the staff. But overall, the staff are very helpful and would be able to accommodate you with all your needs.

From the Katra Bus Stand, the hotel is about 14.9 kms away. Driving this distance can take about 20 minutes or less.

I hope this helps!

3. djtravels

djtravels Member

I stayed there, but I didn't know it was a 4 star hotel!

Anyways, the place is comfortable. The rooms are great. They also provide all the other services which we didn't make use of, such as laundry services. And now that I think of it, they must have been 4 star since they gave us 2 pairs of those terry cloth slippers along with robes. I wouldn't worry too much about anything other than the distance.

While we were staying at this place, a couple of our friends who'd tagged along at the last minute had found a hotel near the bus stand and they were lucky enough to get a room. There room wasn't bad either.

In terms of food, I would rather recommend eating in one of the restaurants/dhabas instead of ordering at the hotel. For some strange reason, all the restaurants were extremely low-cost near the bus stand.