1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels in Amritsar near railway station

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Umi33, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Umi33

Umi33 New Member

My train for Amritsar from Delhi is on the 8th October. I will be on the Shatabdi train which would arrive in Amritsar at around 1.30pm.

I need to find a hotel there, and I would prefer it if the hotel were near the railway station, as when arriving and getting the train back home, I would like to easily get to the railway station.

My hotel budget is between Rs1000 - Rs1300 per night. I am not fussed about breakfast, as I know food is easily available in Amritsar throughout the day and most of the night.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

There are plenty of budget hotels near the Amritsar Junction Railway Station. Here they are:

Hotels Under Rs. 1,300 Near the Amritsar Junction Railway Station

1. Hotel GS Paradise - This is just 750 metres away from the Amritsar Junction Railway Station. Their rates are suitable for budget travellers and they even have an air-conditioned room under Rs. 1,300 per night. You can add an additional Rs. 100 to your room's tariff for the breakfast which would be served to your room. Their location is quite central, since they are a walking distance from the railway station and only three kilometres away from the bus stand. The hotel also provides pick-up services for guests as well as cab rentals, if requested in advance.
    • Tariff - Double Bedded Deluxe Non AC Room at Rs. 1,080 per night and Double Bedded Deluxe AC Room at Rs. 1,296 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Double sized bed, colour LED television with cable, WiFi and attached bathroom with hot/cold water.
    • Hotel Amenities - Internet, 24 hours security, in-room dining and power back-up.
    • Address - No. 25, Albert Road, Opposite Canal Office, Near Kundan Dhaba Railway Station, Amritsar.
    • Contact Number - +91 99141 73373.
    2. Hotel Mehra Inn - This hotel is just 450 metres away from the Amritsar Junction Railway Station. All their rooms have air-conditioning and fitted with the basic amenities. Rooms have marble flooring and very simple designs. They also have high speed internet for guests, which they can access right from their rooms. They also have a travel desk, in case guests need some assistance or guidance with their sightseeing or tour needs.
    • Tariff - Single Bed Room at Rs. 1,250 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Air-conditioner, colour LED television with cable, work desk with chair and attached bathroom with hot/cold water.
    • Hotel Amenities - Internet, power back-up, foreign exchange facilities, parking and travel desk.
    • Address - Plot No. 7, GT Road, Opposite Railway Station, Amritsar, Punjab 143001.
    • Contact Number - +91 183 256 4778.
    3. Rosh Hotel - This is just 600 metres away from the Amritsar Junction Railway Station. It is also just two kilometres away from the Golden Temple and about one kilometre away from the bus stand. With its central location, this budget hotel is one of the best options for travellers who want to stay near the railway station and main attractions of the city. Rooms are very simple though but does have basic amenities. On the other hand, the hotel has a restaurant/bar serving local and international cuisines to guests. If ever you need some help with travelling to and from the railway station, the hotel can provide transport services for you through their travel desk.
    • Tariff - Double Non AC Room at Rs. 700 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Colour LED television with cable, direct dial phone and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Amenities - Parking, travel desk, restaurant/bar, laundry, doctor on call and room service.
    • Address - No. 50, Railway Link Road, Opposite Railway Station, INA Colony, Amritsar, Punjab 143001.
    • Contact Number - +91 183 256 5420.
    4. Hotel Swagat - This is about two kilometres away from the Amritsar Junction Railway Station. It is just a few steps away from the Golden Temple though. The hotel does offer pick-up and drop-off to the railway station for a surcharge. They also provide sightseeing tours around the city for a nominal fee. All their rooms are spacious and fitted with basic facilities. In case you get hungry, they offer in-room dining with meals prepared at their very own kitchen. Restaurants are also abundant around the area so there won't be any issues with meals.
    • Tariff - Double Bed Room at Rs. 950 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Colour television with cable, air-conditioning, direct dial phone and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Amenities - Parking, internet, power back-up, travel desk, transport services, doctor on call and room service.
    • Address - Opposite Golden Temple, Braham Butta Market, Amritsar, 143001 Punjab.
    • Contact Number - +91 981 557 6333.
    5. Hotel Vicky Residency - This is just 500 metres away from the Amritsar Junction Railway Station. It is also just under two kilometres away from the Durgiana Temple and the Golden Temple. Their rooms are simple but all have air-conditioning. Their in house restaurant serves Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisines. They also have a conference hall/banquet hall for all the events needs of the guests. They also have a travel desk that can assist the guests with their sightseeing queries.
    • Tariff - Deluxe Room at Rs. 1,200 per night.
    • Room Amenities - LCD television with cable, air-conditioning, direct dial phone and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Amenities - Parking, internet, power back-up, travel desk, laundry, elevator, doctor on call and room service.
    • Address - No. 76, Railway Link Road, Near Liberty Market, Amritsar.
    • Contact Number - +91 183 5011888.
    6. Hotel Venus International - This is about 1.4 kilometres away from the Amritsar Junction Railway Station. This budget hotel is probably one of the best hotels in the city. With the very elegant and modern exteriors and interiors, as well as complete amenities, all for an affordable rate, you cannot go wrong with Hotel Venus International. All rooms are designed quite beautifully and are very spacious. They are also one of the few hotels in the city that provides internet access even in guest rooms.
    • Tariff - Deluxe Room at Rs. 1,250 per night.
    • Room Amenities - LCD television with cable, air-conditioning, WiFi and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Amenities - Internet, 24 hour front desk, housekeeping and safety deposit lockers.
    • Address - No. 3, Queens Road, Amritsar, Punjab 143001.
    • Contact Number - +91 985 596 7487.
    So there you go, these are the budget hotels nearest to the Amritsar Junction Railway Station. All other hotels are over two kilometres away from the railway station or have higher tariffs. I hope this helps you!