1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels in Nainital Near Lake

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by BusyBee, Jul 3, 2016.

1. BusyBee

BusyBee New Member

I am trying to find some hotels in Nainital, which are located near to the lake. Most of the hotels I have searched for are quite away from the lake, where a car is required to reach the lake. I am looking for something which is walking distance.

I have a feeling that the hotels closer to the lake would be costlier, but I am ideally looking for a mid range hotel, nothing which exceeds Rs1500.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You are right, hotels very near the lake cost higher. Unfortunately, mid-range hotels are priced way above your budget. If you'd like, go during off-peak season to access these mid-range hotels as they are priced lower then. Still, I was able to find a few budget hotels. However, don't have too high expectations on them. They are mostly just hotels with simple rooms and basic amenities. Here they are:

• Hotel Ashok. This is about 0.59 km from the Naini Lake. Their Double Bed Economy Room (per day only lodging) during mid-season, costs about Rs. 1,500 and during off-season, it's at Rs. 1,200. It has television and hot/cold shower in the bathroom. For food, they have a multi-cuisine restaurant in the hotel. Here is their exact address: Near Bus Stand, Cant Road, Talli Tal, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263002.
    • Hotel Citizen Inn. This is about 1.35 kms from the Naini Lake. Their Semi-Deluxe Room is priced at Rs. 1,200 per night. Basic amenities like television and intercom service are available. It also has its own bathroom with hot/cold shower. All rooms have WiFi as well. Their exact location is at: Haldwani Road, Tallital, Nainital HO, Nainital - 263001, Near Mall Road Lake, Uttarakhand.
    • Hotel New Bharat. During off-season, their Standard Deluxe Room is at Rs. 1,600. Their rooms are very elegant and spacious. They're one of the best budget to mid-range hotels in the area. Cable television and hot/cold shower in the bathroom are available in the room. Location is at: Zoo Road, Via the Mall, Tallital, Nainital, Uttarakhand - 263002.
    • Savoy Hotel. This one's a bit further away to the lake although you can still walk to reach it. Their Double Bed Economy Room is at Rs. 1,500 during off-season. Basic amenities like a bathroom and a television are available. Their location is at: Near Bus Stand, Cantonment Road, Tallital, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263002.
    That's about it, there's not many options since almost all good hotels near the lake are priced above Rs. 2,500. If you'd like a list of those, let me know. I hope this helps!