1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels in Udaipur Near Lake

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Karanvir, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Karanvir

Karanvir New Member

I would love to stay at the Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur, but it is a bit high for my budget. Instead, I am thinking of getting another hotel which would be near Lake Pichola and be at an affordable cost. I have seen from Google maps there are a few hotels near the lake, but I need to know which ones are good.

The view and atmosphere of the place would be good, and I don't want anything to be ruined because of the bad hotel choice.

I am not asking for the hotel to be too grand, but at least good enough to get a good feel.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's some good hotels near the Lake Pichola:
    • Jaiwana Haveli. This was once the residence of the Thakur of Jaiwana, which was one of the jagirdars of Maharanas of Mewar. This is also probably one of the most popular budget hotels offering views of the City Palace and the Pichola Lake. Guests also adored their rooftop restaurant offering amazing views of the whole city. Rooms have terraces offering views of the lake as well. Rooms also have television, bathroom and AC. A Standard Double Room costs Rs. 2,795. Its exact location is 14-Lal Ghat, Near Jagdish Chowk Udaipur.
    • Jagat Niwas Palace. The Jagat Niwas Palace is located on the Eastern bank of the Lake Pichola. All the palaces in the lake can therefore be viewed from this hotel. If you'd like a room that's directly facing the Lake Pichola, choose either the Heritage or the Pichola Suites. The Heritage Suite is priced at Rs. 4,250, slightly more affordable than the Pichola Suite which is at Rs. 6,750. Its exact location is at 23-25, Lal Ghat, Udaipur. They also have a restaurant which is lake facing.
    • Mewar Haveli. The Mewar Haveli is also located on the banks of Lake Pichola. A Standard AC Room costs Rs. 1,850 and has the basic amenities you might need. There's two restaurants as well, one on the rooftop and another lake side. Its exact location is 4-35 Lal Ghat, Udaipur.
    • Aashiya Haveli. Its exact location is 15, 17-20, Lal Ghat, Udaipur. There is a rooftop with comfortable furniture where families can stay and enjoy the view of the lake. Rooms are very basic but clean and complete with amenities you might need. Rates start at Rs. 1,500 per night.
    • Anjani Hotel. What sets this hotel apart is that it has its own swimming pool. Rooms offer a view of the Lake Pichola and the palaces as well. Its exact location is 77, Gangaur Ghat Marg, Udaipur. Rates start at Rs. 1,500 per night as well.
    • The Tiger Hotel. They have this Bellevue Terrace where you can enjoy the view of the lake. They also have a rooftop restaurant with a view of the lake. Rates start at Rs. 2,500 per night. Its exact location is at 33, Gangaur Ghat, Near Bagore ki Haveli Udaipur.
    There's also guest houses you can stay in, namely: the Jheel Guest House, the Dream Heaven Guest House and the Panorama Guest House. They're cheaper but the rooms are a bit little. You can opt for them if these hotels are beyond your budget. Room rates vary but average from Rs. 600 - Rs. 2,000.

I hope this helps!