1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels With Kitchenette India

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Promila, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Promila

Promila New Member

Hi all my name is Promila, and I have a daughter who has a restricted diet, and she is allergic to most foods, it is because of this problem we are not able to go out of town for more than a day, yet we would love to. The only solution I see to this is finding a hotel which has a kitchenette so I can cook food according to her diet requirements.

We live in Delhi, so any holiday destination near Delhi is okay, we are not too fussed about the location as going somewhere for a vacation for more than a day would be the best thing for all of us especially her.

Places to consider are Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand.

2. Sonali Roy

Sonali Roy New Member

I would be surprised if a hotel refuses to accommodate the needs of your daughter and turns you away. Not all hotels have kitchenettes but at hill stations like Mussoorie and Shimla (which are driving distance from Delhi) have a lot of properties which also have kitchenettes attached. Most such properties are either cottages or huts. Just have to search harder I guess.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Yes, I don't think it is common for hotel rooms in India to have kitchenettes. You would have to arrange something with the hotel kitchen, if they have one. I think it might be better to rent a house. There are many available, and I believe Airbnb has got a fairly good list of locations throughout India at very good prices. I don't even think it is common for hotels to carry microwaves in India, although most can provide one on request.

What exactly is the allergy? Do cooking pots have to be sanitized? I know some people can't even stand the residue of peanut oil on cleaned cookware. This might require you bringing some of your own tools if it is a severe allergy.

4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

If you try going online to look for hotels, they usually have their "selling points" written next to their available rooms. Usually they have it written perks like free WiFi, free breakfasts, if the hotel is near landmarks or tourist attractions, and even kitchenettes. It's very simple to look it up online, and you get to compare prices as well as locations with this method. Good luck!

5. Elaine Lat

Elaine Lat Member

If I have my son with me, I'd also look for lodgings with a kitchenette. I've been trying to cook healthy for him and he's a bit picky so I would need to make his favorites so I won't have to go looking for something that he wants. I'm very sure that ingredients can be found anywhere. I just need to be sure that my kid would actually eat something by whipping up Indian specials to suit his taste buds.

6. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there! Welcome to the forum!

Since you asked specifically for tourist destinations in those three states, I'm going to just give you one city from each. And then, from there, give you some hotel recommendations with kitchenettes. I hope I understood your query right. Anyway, let's begin with the listing.

Weekend Getaway from Delhi to Himachal Pradesh

1. Barog - This is a small hill station located in the district of Solan in Himachal Pradesh. It is about 300 kms away from Delhi. This hill station has a pleasant climate all-year round and is a perfect destination for families. Some of the attractions here are:
    • The Graveyard of Barog - The town itself is named after an engineer called Barog. The story goes that he was supposed to build a tunnel near the railway station in the town. However, due to some miscalculations, things went wrong. Because of the humiliation, the engineer committed suicide. Hence, the town was named after him and the miscalculated tunnel ends in the Graveyard of Barog. A beautiful garden was built nearby the grave to give tribute to the engineer.
    • Baron Camping Grounds - From this location, you can see the Choor Chandni Peak as well as the Solan Valley. You can find various camping accommodations here. Aside from that, nature trails and bonfires can also be requested for.
    • Sukkoth Fossil Park - This is the first park to be built exactly where the fossils were found. Here, you'll find fossils of some extinct animals like a hippopotamus with six incisors and a giant land tortoise. These fossils are believed to be 8.5 million years old already. You can also view life-size models of pre-historic animals here.
    Now, here are some accommodations with a kitchenette in Barog:
    • Ellay's Dream Resort - They have a Studio Room with a dining area and a kitchenette. This room has a lavish and unique interior design. It also has a mountain view and comes complete with amenities like television and an attached bathroom. You'd have to contact them for the rates though. Their address is: National Highway, Barog, (Barog-HP). Their contact number is: +91-1792238567.
    • Baba Resorts - Their Family Room is at Rs. 8,833 per night. The room comes with a sofa bed, fridge, minibar, television, dining area, dining table, balcony and bathroom. WiFi is available throughout the hotel and also in the rooms. There's a game room, a fitness centre and a spa in the hotel premises. Their address is: Subathu Road Dharampur, Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh, 173209. Their contact number is: +911792265265.

Weekend Getaway from Delhi to Rajasthan

1. Bharatpur - This is about 250 kms away from Delhi. It is about 183 metres above sea level. Some of the attractions here are:
    • Lohagarh Fort - This is an unconquerable fort in the region at its time. Even the British failed to conquer this fort. Despite its simple appearance, it exudes power and might. You can find structures like the Kishori Mahal, the Mahal Khas and the Kothi Khas inside the fort.
    • Bharatpur National Park - This is also known as Keoladeo Ghana National Park. There are over a thousand species of birds that reside in the national park. The Chital deer is also a common sighting here.
    • Bharatpur Palace - This palace is a blend of Mughal and Rajput architectural style. There's a museum here showcasing artistic artefacts of the second century.
    Now, here is an accommodation with a kitchenette in Bharatpur:
    • Hotel Park Regency - Their AC Super Deluxe Room is at Rs. 1,450 per night. This has a fully equipped kitchen as well. It also comes with television, telephone and attached bathroom. They also have a party lawn and restaurant in the hotel premises. Their address is: Bird Sanctuary Road, Near Saras Hotel, Bharatpur, Rajasthan 321001. Their contact number is: +91 9672780000.

Weekend Getaway from Delhi to Uttarakhand

1. Rishikesh - This is just about 237 kms from Delhi. There's lots to do here, like visiting the ashrams or doing adventure activities. Some of the attractions here are:
    • Lakshman Jhula - This is a suspension bridge with a length of about 450 feet and a height of about 70 feet. According to legend, this is where Lakshamana crossed the Ganges River on a jute rope making it one of the most popular pilgrim attractions in the city.
    • Swarg Ashram - This is one of the oldest ashrams in India. This ashram was built in the memory of Saint Swami Vishudhanand.
    • Neelkantha Mahadev Temple - This is a temple dedicated to the Lord Shiva. In Hindu mythology, this is where Lord Shiva drank the venom called Halahala in order to obtain the Amrita or Elixir of Life.
    Now, here are accommodations with a kitchenette in Rishikesh:
    • Hotel Akash Continental - Their Family Room has LCD television and mini-kitchen facilities by request. The rate for this room is at Rs. 4,000 per night. They also have restaurant in the hotel premises. Their address is: Tapovan, Rishikesh - Badrinath Road, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. Their contact number is: +91 9999041304.
    • Sattva Retreat - Some of their cottages include a kitchenette. It also comes with a desk, dressing area and a large private bathroom. Their Cottages is at Rs. 6,500 per night. They also have treatment services in their spa. Their address is: Sinduri, Uttarakhand 249304. Their contact number is: +91 81910 55551.

There you go. I hope this helps!