1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to book a safari in Jim Corbett

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by Charandeep, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Charandeep

Charandeep New Member

I want to book a Safari in Jim Corbett but don't know how this is done. Here is my list of other queries which I would like answered:

How do I book a safari in Jim Corbett?

Is there accommodation inside the park or is it only outside?

How many days do you recommend staying at the park?

Can you give a rough estimate of the cost of the park and accommodation visit?

2. Prits

Prits Member

To make a booking for the safari you can contact the KMVN manager of Ramnagar who will arrange the booking for you or you can book online at corbettnationalpark.in.

There is accommodation inside the resort itself which is the Dhikala Forest House and apart from that there are a lot of choices for accommodation outside the park.

A minimum of 3 days is required for Jim Corbett.

Cost of the jeep safari would cost between Rs3000 - Rs3200, and the hotel accommodation it would vary upon which hotel or resort you choose.

3. Rudra

Rudra New Member

Where exactly is Jim Corbett National park?

How far is it from New Delhi?

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Jim Corbett National Park is in Nainital, Uttarakhand. Distance from Delhi to Jim Corbett is around 260km which would roughly take 5 and half hours.

5. RaviDua

RaviDua New Member

The best way to book a Jim Corbett safari is via a travel agent, it is a personal opinion as I find that it is much easier this way and everything is sorted out from one place such as the hotel, safari etc. Else if you have the time and want to make the effort you can make the different bookings from your end if you wish.

6. JimmyKakkar

JimmyKakkar New Member

Is it possible to book the safari on arrival instead of booking prior to the trip?

7. HarvyM9

HarvyM9 New Member

Yes it is possible to book a safari on arrival, just contact the people who conduct the safari or go through your hotel.

8. Dune Dude

Dune Dude New Member

What and where is Jim Corbett? From the posts, I'm guessing it is some kind of a wildlife park. Who was Jim Corbett, and why would he have a park named after him?