1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go from Delhi to Agra?

Discussion in 'North India' started by BawaH, Sep 24, 2016.

1. BawaH

BawaH New Member

I have joined the forum to find out how to go from Delhi to Agra. I know there are two different routes to go Agra one which from the expressway and one the normal way.

I would be traveling at night so I don't think that traffic would be an issue. Another issue I have is that is the expressway safe to travel on during the night?

Please give suggestions on how to go from Delhi to Agra? I would also some indications to the directions as well.

Thank you.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forum!

You are right, there are two routes that you can take to reach Agra from Delhi. The first one is through the Yamuna Expressway, which is undoubtedly, the best way to reach Agra. It's the fastest route and has great road conditions. This is the route you have to take for this one:
    • Route No. 1 via Yamuna Expressway - Delhi > Noida > Greater Noida > Yamuna Expressway > Malupur > Agra.
    This route is about 210 kilometres long and can take around 3 hours and 30 minutes to cover. From Delhi to Noida, this is about 47 kilometres long and if you leave early, you won't encounter the much dreaded traffic. You can reach Noida in about an hour or less. Road conditions are good but it's the traffic that you have to have patience with.

From Noida until the Yamuna Expressway, the roads have six lanes and in good conditions. Journey would be very smooth as well and there won't be much traffic. This is about 165 kilometres long so you can cover that distance in about 2 hours or less.

From the end of the expressway to Agra, you would encounter traffic especially during rush hours. But the distance is very short and you can reach Agra in 30 minutes or less.
    • Route No. 2 via NH2 - Delhi > Faridabad > Palwal > Aurangabad > Hodal > Semri > Mathura > Agra.
    This route is about 220 kilometres long and can take around 4 hours to cover. Before the Yamuna Expressway was created, this was the usual route that travellers take. Road conditions are okay with this route but it can take a longer time to reach Agra with this one. So I'd just recommend the first route as it's faster and more convenient.

So for the first route, here's what you need to do:
    • From Delhi, take the National Highway 44 until the Noida Link Road and Dadri Main Road.
    • In Sector 38, you'd reach the Noida Expressway and continue on until the Yamuna Expressway.
    • Continue on until the National Highway 509 until Kheriya Khandauli and exit from the expressway.
    • Then, lastly take the State Highway 39 until the Mahatma Gandhi Road and you'd reach Agra already.
    This route through the Yamuna Expressway is generally safe even in night time. But if you're not familiar with the route, it's better to drive during the day.

I hope this helps you!:)