1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taxi from Delhi to Agra

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Rani11, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Rani11

Rani11 New Member

A group of us would like to go Agra for a few days. We want to travel by car, and the only option we have is going by taxi as none of us have a car to take.
    We know that getting a taxi would be the costliest way of reaching Agra, but we want to get some kind of idea of what the cost would be, so please give a rough estimate of getting a taxi from Delhi to Agra.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

[​IMG]
    Yamuna Expressway Connecting Delhi to Agra (Image Courtesy of Maps of India)

Overview

The distance between Delhi and Agra is about 233 kilometres. It can take around 4 to 5 hours to driver this distance. But if you take the Yamuna Expressway, driving time is reduced to about 3 to 4 hours. If you're riding a taxi, travel time is roughly the same but you do have to take into consideration the time you leave, whether it's in the rush hours, and the stopovers you make. Also, if you take the Yamuna Expressway, there is a toll fee to be paid as well. Sometimes, this toll fee is handled by the taxi company and sometimes, it is handed over to the passenger.

Taxi Fare from Delhi to Agra

Taxi rates depend on the company you choose and from which part of Delhi you come from. In this little guide, I would list out some taxi companies and their rates, for the different cabs they hire out to passengers. This way, you can decide which is the best company for you, the one that gives the most worth out of your money. You can also easily split the fare with your friends this way, as you can prepare the required money before your trip to Agra.

1. Taxico - A renowned taxi company in Delhi NCR, operated by the same company that handle Mango Cabs and Taxi Syndicate. The best feature of this taxi company is that they can be found online, offering a 24-hour customer service to clients. Their experience in the business, having been one of the oldest taxi companies in the region, gives them that edge as well. But they have fared well to modernity by building their own website and providing services that keep up with the modern needs of the clients.
    • Address - Supreme Fin Hold (P) Limited, 606, Pearl Best Heights II, Netaji Subhash Place, New Delhi, 110034, India.
    • Contact Number - 011 6364 6364.
    Rates of Taxico from Delhi to Agra (One Way)

IndicaIndigoInnova
    Rs. 2,400Rs. 2,650Rs. 3,700
    2. Travel India Online - Travel India Online offers more than just one-way transfers, they have packages for tours in Delhi and out of it. What's more, their packages are fairly inexpensive and includes an air-conditioned transport from, for example, Delhi to Agra. You can tour the Taj Mahal, the Agra Fort and Sikandra as well. However, the driver's allowance, toll, tax and parking are not yet included in the rates provided in the table below. But if ever you'd like a hassle-free tour of Agra from Delhi, consider this option.
    • Address - S-674 A, Ground Floor, School Block, Shakarpur, Delhi, India.
    • Contact Number - 011 6544 6600.
    Rates of Travel India Online for Day Tour from Delhi to Agra (Round Trip)

IndicaIndigoInnovaTavera
    Rs. 3,300Rs. 5,500Rs. 7,500Rs. 7,800
    3. India Taxi Online - Another reliable taxi company, the India Taxi Online, has very affordable rates. All the rates below already include the driver's allowance per day which is Rs. 200. Do take note that the rates don't include the parking fees and toll plus taxes yet. The company has over 1,000 cabs to cater to the needs of clients. Nightly rates differ though, you'd have to pay higher for them.
    • Address - U 38, Office No. 14, Ground Floor Shakarpur, New Delhi 110092, India.
    • Contact Number - +91 95400 00804.
    Rates of India Taxi Online from Delhi to Agra (One Way)

IndigoDzireEtiosInnovaTempo
    Rs. 2,297Rs. 2,297Rs. 2,830Rs. 2,996Rs. 4,394
    4. My Taxi India - My Taxi India is not just operating in Delhi, it is available in over 12o cities in the country. They offer car rentals for both local use and also outstation use, like from Delhi to Agra. The rates below are already inclusive of the driver's allowance and even the state tax. But if ever the kilometres exceed the number agreed upon, you have to pay extra fees.
    • Address - 25B, Ground Floor, Tower B, Spaze, I-Tech Park, Sector-49, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, India.
    • Contact Number - +91 88820 01133.
    Rates of My Taxi India from Delhi to Agra (One Way)

DzireInnovaTempo (12-Seater)Tempo (15-Seater)
    Rs. 2,263Rs. 3,301Rs. 7,996Rs. 8,418
    I hope this helps you.:)

3. Deepak1511

Deepak1511 New Member

Are you planning to spend the night in Agra or return the same day? The rates will change for an overnight halt with drivers demanding a "batta" or allowance in addition to charges for a room, and they eventually keep the room money and sleep in the car. The rates can range from Rs. 12-18 per km depending on the type of vehicle (Sedan/SUV/Hatchback you choose). Agra-Del is roughly 200 kilometers one way and some parts of the roads are quite bad, so ensure you hire a reputed service provider, or you will end up tearing your hair off. Most drivers from Del fancy a drink or two while driving and you need to put down and tell them not to drink. The highway is fantastic, but do remember to carry water for the trip as the road side shops fleece you and charge upto 50 bucks for a bottle while the MRP is 10-15.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the trip!

4. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

I have been to Agra from Delhi by road twice using Yamuna expressway and the roads are excellent and I can safely say that not even an inch of that road is anywhere near bad. Driver of my cab was good and not drunk atall.