1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go to South India from Rajasthan

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Perry4, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Perry4

Perry4 New Member

Hi

I am still in the phase of planning my trip. This time, after Rajasthan I want to spend some days chilling and relaxing in Kerala, can anyone tell me how to travel from Rajasthan to Kerla? I looked into several websites, but most of the places in Rajasthan don't have trains leaving for Kerala. Am I doing anything wrong here? Please suggest best train route from Rajasthan to Kerala and I do not want to wait long on railway stations to change trains.

Perry

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

Hi Perry

Please specify where do you want to go in Kerala and if you are trying to search Kerala in railway stations list then you will not find it, main station in Kerala is Thiruvananthapuram and there is a train from Jaipur to Thiruvananthapuram:

Train number: 16863
    Name of Train: BGKT MQ EXPRESS
    Departure from Jaipur: 2140 (09:40PM)

Hope this helps :)

3. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

Make sure you book your train tickets well in advance because trains mostly go full.

4. SahilR

SahilR New Member

If it is in your budget you can also take a flight to Kerela which would be easier and a quicker way to reach Kerela.

5. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

Yes flights would be the best if you have the money.

6. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

Actually if you work out the cost and options closely then there is not much of a difference when getting a flight. Sometimes it is a matter of only Rs1000 or Rs2000 extra.
    Work out the cost of the return train ticket, the cost of getting from the station to your destination and back and then do the same with the fight tickets.