1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I Have To Switch Flights...

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Jackie, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Jackie

Jackie Member

If I have to switch flights at some point there or back, how long should I figure on giving myself so that I don't wind up missing the second flight after landing from the first? Or is this something that the airline handles for you?

2. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

when switching flights you always have to be prepared but fortunately when flying there are flight attendants and employees who are standing by always to help with any questions. So next time you wind up in a bind like this don't hesitate to ask for help.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Usually I've found if you're flying on the same airline, that they generally speaking will wait for you - because on their booking register I guess it shows that they are still waiting on a flight to land and they account for time through customs. If you're going to book via separate airlines, it can be harder - I've missed flights doing that before. I would say around 4 hours is probably a decent time and would account for most delays. When I missed the flight I only had 2 hours between flights and that wasn't enough!