1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Less crowded places in Goa

Discussion in 'Goa' started by MkBolton, Jan 4, 2015.

1. MkBolton

MkBolton New Member

Hello

We are a family of 4 travelling to Goa in the end of January. Our first stop in Goa is Panjim which is the capital of Goa and from there we have 1 day sightseeing tour of Old Goa and some beaches around. After this one day of sightseeing we are on our own for remaining 5 days.

Can somebody suggest some beaches and places which are less crowded and are bit quieter. My family and I prefer to stay away from overcrowded places and events so any suggestion or thought would be helpful for us.

Thanks,
    Kbolton

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

Hi

These are the places (upto best of my knowledge) which you can consider visiting, all of these beaches get tourists and people but are away from regular parties and crowd. Most of the tourists come here for a day tour only and disappear by afternoon time to join parties and loud music in Calangute and other similar places.

I have been to all these beaches and the one which I really loved is Siolim, it is just a few minutes drive away from Mapusa.

Less crowded beaches in Goa
    Morjim beach, Near Mapusa, North Goa
    Siolim beach, Near Mapusa, North Goa
    Palolem beach, Near Canacona, South Goa
    Patnem beach, Near Canacona, South Goa
    Cavelossim beach, South Goa
    Arossim beach, Near Vasco Da Gama, South Goa

Happy Holidays!

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You have already gotten quite a good list of less crowded beaches in Goa there. What I'm going to list now are places which aren't really known as much in Goa. You can call them offbeat destinations as well. Here they are:

North Goa

• St. Augustine's Church Ruins. When you hear of Old Goa, the common churches like The Basilica of Bom Jesus and the SE Cathedral comes to mind. However, just a little bit further from Old Goa is St. Augustine's Church, at least what's left of it. Now, what has been left of the church are ruins. After the persecution of the Augustine Friars, the church fell into decay. This is not a known destination to many tourists so you won't encounter crowds in here.
    • The Chorla Ghats. You would see the Vazra Sakla, which is the twin waterfalls that can be seen cascading down the Sahyadris. A little further away and you'll find the Ladkyacho Vozar Waterfall. The Chorla Ghats can be found at the Southeastern part of Goa, where it meets Karnataka and Maharashtra.
    • The Tambdi Surla. Located deep inside the Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary, not a lot of people know about this temple. This is one of the temples that had survived the wreckage of the Portuguese on Hindu Temples.
    South Goa
    • Salaulim Dam. You would see that the water is very serene in your way to the dam and then, quite surprisingly, you'd see a hole in the middle of the water. This is where the water tumbles down and goes back up enough to drench you. It's certainly fascinating to watch and not many people know of this fun little place. It is located near the Salaulim River in South Goa.
    • Pansaimol Petroglyphs. Set on Rivona, near the banks of the Kushavati River, lies this historical wonder. It's such a shame that these intricate carvings are now disappearing little by little. So if you have the time, go there and snap a few pictures of these historical pieces of Goa.
    • Budbudyanchi Talli. A little pond with amazing powers, clap or whistle near it and the water bubbles. Until now, the phenomenon behind this is still not known. And it can be fun to experience this even once in your life. Located at Netravali in the Sanguem Taluka.
    I hope this helps!