1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Scorpions To Eat

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Nita, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Nita

Nita New Member

When I visited China in a few of the street markets vendors sold live scorpions, roaches and crickets on sticks. When you walked by the vendor would tap the table. The scorpions, roaches and crickets would all start moving. People would choose the ones they wanted to eat. The vendor would then cook them on his open fire. Does anyone know if they do this in India?

2. Delilah

Delilah New Member

I am not sure if they also do this in India, but even if they did, I don't think I would want to try it :D

3. George

George Member

I have read about this before and it is famous in China to sell these on the streets. I have not ever read about anywhere in India selling live roaches and such on the streets.

4. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

This does not happen in India. As far as I know, people do not eat weird food in cities and towns. You can ask the chicken or fish of your choice to be cut for meat but I have never seen cooked anything live in India.

5. Ted

Ted New Member

I don't think I would like to venture in that direction :D I love trying new food and even weird looking things, but I don't think I would want to eat insects.

6. Kira

Kira Guest

This is good to know Vinaya. I can't imagine anyone eating a scorpion. This makes me shiver just thinking about it.

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

I am like Kira; my hair stands whenever I see a scorpion; even if it is just on television. I can't imagine eating one at all!

8. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I have to say that I saw some exotic foods when I was over there, but nothing like this. I would like to think that I can keep an open mind and try to be open to new things and new tastes and all of that good stuff, but this one might cross the line for me. Something about a scorpion just tells me that it does not like being eaten and it would no go down smoothly. It would be interesting to see though.

9. Neve

Neve New Member

Scorpions? Wow! I have heard all sorts of weird things being eaten, but I have never heard of people eating scorpions. Aren't they full of poison? How can they be eaten?

10. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I saw a lot of stuff like this when I vacationed in Vietnam! I don't know exactly what everything was but it seemed to be bugs and lizards and stuff...definitely not my cup of tea! I like to try new foods on vacation but there's certain things that I'm just not game enough to sample!