1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearest Metro Station To Majnu Ka Tila

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by SimAhuja, Feb 15, 2018.

1. SimAhuja

SimAhuja New Member

I would like to take my mother to the Majnu Ka Tila Gurdwara and I would also like to be visitng the local markets there. As we would be traveling by metro I need to find out which is the nearest metro station to Majnu Ka Tila and how far it is from there.

Thank you

2. Karan

Karan Member

The nearest metro station to Majnu Ka Tila is Vishwavidyalaya metro station, this is within a short distance of 3.3km. You can either get an auto or rickshaw from the metro station or if you feel like it can also walk. Below I have provided some maps which show you the distance of getting an auto and also walking it from the Vishwavidyalaya metro station to Majnu Ka Tila.

If you prefer getting an auto or rickshaw from the Vishwavidyalaya metro station to Majnu Ka Tila then it would take you about 13 minutes, as the distance is about 3.3km.

vishwavidyalaya metro station to majnu ka tila by car.jpg

If the weather allows or you feel like walking you can do so from Vishwavidyalaya metro station to Majnu Ka Tila, the distance is 2km, which for some is not much and for some is quite a lot. The time it would take you from the metro station to Majnu Ka Tila is about 26 minutes.

vishwavidyalaya metro station to majnu ka tila by walking.jpg

When going to the local markets dont forget to visit the Majnu Ka Tila Tibetan Market, which is quite popular.