1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearest metro station to New Delhi railway station

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Mayuri528, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Mayuri528

Mayuri528 New Member

I will be in Delhi arriving by train at New Delhi railway station. When in Delhi I would prefer to travel by metro, as it is an easier way to get around and a more relaxed way of traveling.

I would like to know what the nearest metro station to New Delhi railway station is? And exactly how far it is from the railway station.

2. djtravels

djtravels Member

Hey Mayuri. Although it depends on which side of the railways station you come out of, but the closest Metro station to the NDRS is the New Delhi Metro Station. It is within walking distance and you will be able to see it clearly when you come out. Ask for the "Ajmeri Gate" exit. Again, before coming out of the NDRS ask at least 3 people which side to exit from - 3 is the minimum unless you want to come out of the wrong gate. Anyways, even if that happens there is a station but its not that close.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

As what has been said, the New Delhi Metro Station is the closest metro station to the New Delhi Railway Station. It is about a kilometre away from the New Delhi Railway Station, if you're coming from Platform 1 (Paharganj Gate). However, if you're coming from Platform 16 (Ajmeri Gate), the New Delhi Metro Station is just adjacent to it and not more than a minute's walk away. So you need to walk towards the Platform 16 to reach the Ajmeri Gate which would take you to the New Delhi Metro Station.

There are also other metro stations near the New Delhi Railway Station, aside from the New Delhi Metro Station:
    • Ramakrishna Ashram Marg Metro Station - This is about 2.3 kilometres away from the New Delhi Railway Station.
    • Shastri Nagar Metro Station - This is about 7.4 kilometres away from the New Delhi Railway Station.
    • Kirti Nagar Metro Station - This is about 10.6 kilometres away from the New Delhi Railway Station.
    • Kailash Colony Metro Station - This is about 12.3 kilometres away from the New Delhi Railway Station.
    • Shahdara Metro Station - This is about 12.8 kilometres away from the New Delhi Railway Station.
    With these railway stations, you need to hire an auto or taxi to reach them. So it is a bit more inconvenient as compared to the New Delhi Metro Station which is just close to the New Delhi Railway Station. The New Delhi Metro Station is located on the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro. Depending on where you're going, you might need to change trains or colours of trains (Blue, Green, Violet or Red).

I hope this helps you!:)