1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearest railway station to Goa

Discussion in 'Goa' started by GarPat1, Oct 9, 2016.

1. GarPat1

GarPat1 New Member

I want to book to some train tickets from Delhi to Goa. I need to know which is the nearest railway station to Goa. I have tried looking on the map, but I am not a very good map reader.
    Please let me know if coming from Delhi which would be the nearest train station and which areas would be near it.

Thanks in advance.

2. vkar

vkar Member

Margao and Vasco-da-Gama are the main railway stations in Goa. Both are very busy stations. If your train is coming from Delhi, my guess is it will stop at Vasco-da-Gama. But that's just my guess. Please check the detailed schedule of the train for details. But both Margao and Vasco-da-Gama is closest stations to Goa.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

There are a total of 12 railway stations in Goa but not all of these railway stations have direct trains to and from Delhi. Out of these 12, only 7 railway stations have direct trains to and from Delhi. Here they are:

Railway Stations in Goa Connected Directly to Delhi

Railway Stations Name (from North to South)Location
    Pernem Railway StationNorth Goa in Pernem
    Thivim Railway StationNorth Goa in Thivim
    Karmali Railway StationNorth Goa in Carambolim
    Vasco Da Gama Railway StationSouth Goa in Vasco Da Gama
    Kulem Railway StationSouth Goa in Kulem
    Madgaon Railway StationSouth Goa in Margao
    Sanvordem Curchorem Railway StationSouth Goa in Curchorem

Here's a map depicting these stations so you can easily picture their locations:

goa-railway-station.jpg
    Railway Stations in Goa from North to South

The nearest railway station to Goa from Delhi is of course, the northernmost station
    which is the Pernem Railway Station. From Delhi, there are only two trains plying to reach the Pernem Railway Station. These are:
    • Goa Sampark Kranti Express Train No. 12450 - This train departs during Mondays and Saturdays from New Delhi at 6:15. It arrives the next day on Pernem at 13:30.
    • Hazrat Nizamuddin Trivandrum Super Fast Express Train No. 22634 - This train departs during Fridays from Hazrat Nizamuddin at 23:35 and arrives the next day at 8:52.
    Journey duration is around 31 hours or 1 day and 7 hours. Pernem is in the northernmost part of Goa and it is a small town with just a few tourist infrastructures. Here are the places close to Pernem that you can visit:

Areas Around Pernem to Visit

Areas Around PernemDistance from Pernem
    Querim Beach18.6 kilometres
    Kalacha Beach15.5 kilometres
    Arambol Beach14.9 kilometres
    Ashvem Beach18.4 kilometres
    Morjim Beach15.4 kilometres
    Tiracol Fort27.7 kilometres
    Alorna Fort25.3 kilometres

So just nearby to Pernem, you can venture into the the most secluded beaches of North Goa. These are Querim Beach, Kalacha Beach, Arambol Beach, Ashvem Beach and Morjim Beach. There are also attractions that you can visit like the historical sites of Tiracol Fort and Alorna Fort. From the state capital though, Panjim, Pernem is about 36.1 kilometres away so about an hour or so of driving.

I hope this helps you!:)