1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearest railway station to Taj Mahal

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Rahat, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Rahat

Rahat New Member

I need to book some train tickets to go to Agra. The main visiting point in Agra would be Taj Mahal so I would like to know what the nearest railway station to Taj Mahal is, so I can make sure that I select the right train station.

An additional question which I have is knowing what the distance from the train station to the Taj Mahal is?

Can you easily get an auto from the station towards the Taj Mahal?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Agra Cantt is the nearest railway station from Taj Mahal. There is already a thread about going from Agra Cantt to Taj Mahal where you can find all your answers.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Rahat! Welcome to the forum!

Here are the nearest railway stations to the Taj Mahal:
    • Agra Fort Railway Station - This is about 8.2 kms from the Taj Mahal.
    • Agra Cantonment Railway - This is about 9.6 kms from the Taj Mahal.
    • Idgah Railway Station - This is about 10.3 kms from the Taj Mahal.
    • Yamuna Bridge Railway Station - This is about 10.6 kms from the Taj Mahal.
    • Raja Ki Mandi Railway Station - This is about 12.5 kms from the Taj Mahal.
    • Billochpura Railway Station - This is about 13.4 kms from the Taj Mahal.
    So the two nearest railway stations are: Agra Fort Railway Station and Agra Cantonment Railway Station.

I've mentioned them above already. The Agra Fort Railway Station is about 8.2 kms from the Taj Mahal. It can take you 25 to 30 minutes to reach the Taj Mahal from the station.

The Agra Cantonment Railway Station is about 9.6 kms from the Taj Mahal. It can take you 25 to 35 minutes to reach the Taj Mahal from this station.

Just outside the Agra Cantonment Railway Station, there is a prepaid auto-rickshaw counter. From the station to the Taj Mahal, prices would be: Taj West Gate at Rs. 100 and Taj South Gate at Rs. 130. There are also cycle rickshaws just outside the Agra Cantonment Railway Station.

There are also autos and cycle rickshaws from the Agra Fort Railway Station. Fare would be between Rs. 120 to Rs. 150 to get to the Taj Mahal.

I hope this helps!