1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nepal on Indian Visa

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by JGolan, Dec 28, 2014.

1. JGolan

JGolan New Member

Hi

I know India and Nepal are two different countries but as suggested by my friends, it is a part of Indian subcontinent and visiting Nepal on Indian visa should not be a problem. Is that true?

My friends told me that they took a bus to Kathmandu from India-Nepal border and there was no checking at all, all what they wanted to see was identity on passport and nothing much was investigated. Please suggest the best possible way and if this is not the case anymore then how can I apply visa for Nepal after reaching India.

Golan

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

India and Nepal are two different countries and having a visa for one does not entitle you to entry into the other. You have not mentioned what your own nationality is so I assume you do require a visa to get into Nepal. The best way to get a visa for Nepal is to apply in your own country as it may take a lot longer then expected if you apply once you are in India and there are no guarantees if they would entertain your application.

3. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

If a non Indian made it through the border into Nepal does not mean that this is normal practice because if you get caught you end up in jail and jails in Asian countries aren't pleasant from what I hear. It is best avoided and getting a tourist visa from your country of residence would be the quickest way to get it. Hoping for getting a visa once you get to India may turn out to be a bad call.