1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Delhi Railway Station Dormitory

Discussion in 'North India' started by Kohli1980, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Kohli1980

Kohli1980 New Member

My flight arrival in IGI Airport is at 11.30am, and the departure of my train from New Delhi Railway station is at 7.30pm. I don't want to spend money on a hotel when I would not even be spending a night and would rather be in a dormitory and was wondering if there is a New Delhi railway station dormitory.
    This would work out to cheaper and easier for me and would also allow me to get some good rest.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

There are several railway stations where retiring rooms are available, New Delhi is one of them. They are available in single, double and dormitory type of occupancies. You can also opt for AC or non-AC rooms. The booking hours are from 12:30 am to 11:30 pm. The duration of the booking has a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 48 hours. It can be a cheaper option than hotel rooms, that's for sure.

You can opt to book in advance as long as you have your ticket. If you decide to cancel your room reservation, then you'd have to pay the fees as well but you can get a refund for the first 48 hours before the ticket date. Once you cancel during the ticket date, you cannot get a refund anymore.

You would need a credit card and ID proof to be able to book your room. You can opt to get a room during the day of your trip but it can get fully booked and you might end up not having any accommodation at all. So it's wiser to just reserve in advance.

I hope this helps!