1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ooty travel packages from Chennai

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by ChandraBal, Aug 26, 2016.

1. ChandraBal

ChandraBal New Member

My wife and I are keen on visiting Ooty and spending a maximum of 10 days day and the minimum days would be 7.
    We prefer getting a travel package as it works out easier, and we know that we would not miss out of seeing or doing something major.

It would be our first time in Ooty, which is the reason we need a travel package and would like some advice from India Travel Forum to which all Ooty travel packages from Chennai are available?
    We would like most things covered including the activities which are conducted there.

We prefer traveling by Volvo buses, so if that option is available, we would like to know more about those packages.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

Most tour packages covering Ooty from Chennai are only for two to three days. Most of the tour packages with a 7-day duration or more cover not just Ooty but also Coonoor, Munnar, Kodaikanal or Kumarakom. So if you're okay with these, I'm going to list a few of these tour agencies and their packages.

Tourism of India

1. Ooty Kumarakom Tour
    • Route - Chennai > Coimbatore > Ooty > Kodaikanal > Munnar > Thekkady > Kumarakom > Cochin.
    • Duration - 6 nights and 7 days.
    • Transport - AC vehicle.
    • Activities - Sightseeing, boating, fishing and wildlife safari.
    • Accommodation - Sterling Ek Resort Hill in Ooty, Sterling Valley View in Kodaikanal, Spice Country Resort in Munnar, Tree Top in Thekkady and Green Field in Kumarakom. All hotels provide Deluxe Rooms for guests.
    • Meals - Breakfast only.
    • Inclusions - All road tax, parking fee and driver's fee.
    • Rate - Rs. 25,750 per person.
    Some of the information you might need are the following:
    • Head Office Address - 70, L.G.F, World Trade Centre, Barakhamba Lane, New Delhi-110001.
    • Contact Number - +91 11 4777 3434.

Tamil Nadu Tourism

1. South India Tour Package No. 1
    • Route - Chennai > Madurai > Rameswaram > Kanyakumari > Kodaikannal > Ooty > Chennai.
    • Duration - 5 nights and 6 days.
    • Activities - Sightseeing.
    • Accommodation - Standard hotels in all destinations.
    • Rate - Rs. 6,400 per person.
    2. South India Tour Package No. 2
    • Route - Chennai > Thanjavur > Madurai > Rameswaram > Kanyakumari > Kodaikannal > Ooty > Chennai.
    • Duration - 6 nights and 7 days.
    • Rate - Rs. 7,300 per person.
    • Head Office Address - Tourism Complex, No. 2, Wallajah Road, Triplicane, Chennai, 600002.
    • Contact Number - 044 25333444.

Chennai Tours and Travels

1. Ooty Tour Package
    • Route - Chennai > Coimbatore > Ooty > Coonoor > Chennai.
    • Duration - 3 nights and 4 days.
    • Meals - Breakfast and dinner.
    • Rate - Rs. 6,199 per person.
    • Head Office Address - No. 37, Shop No.1/32B/09, Jawans Bhawan, West Velli Street, Madurai, 625001.
    • Contact Number - 93445 52626.

These are all the tour packages that I was able to find that are about 7 days. Others have shorter durations. These tour packages have private AC vehicles which are comfortable to ride in. The tour agency would usually pick you up from the railway station in Chennai or you can have a different location arranged for you.

Activities include sightseeing and boating mostly as these are the activities that you can do in Ooty. If time permits, or if you have it arranged for you, they can also conduct tea plantation tours. Wildlife safaris and fishing are also included in the first package I posted.

I hope this helps.:)