1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opportunities For Working Holidays In India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by amelia88, Oct 18, 2015.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

A few of my friends have travelled to other countries (UK, Canada) and are currently doing working holidays - one friend works in a restaurant and one works in a pub/bar.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about working holidays in India. Is it possible/common? I haven't known anyone that's gone there for a working vacation - I don't even know if India have working holiday visas or anything like that.

If anyone knows anything about the subject though I'd love to get your thoughts!

2. Delirium

Delirium Member

Working during your holiday? Sounds terrible. I've never done it, and I haven't met anyone who have. Usually for me when I go on vacation it's for vacation, not to get extra money. It's a very limited amount of time when you can actually enjoy life without having to worry about work. Working holidays would ruin it for me.

Never heard of India and working holiday visas though. But there's most likely one.

3. MichelleVL

MichelleVL New Member

Hi Amelia88. Yes in India work visas are provided to foreigners, but they are very strict about the requirements. In addition to that you must have already obtained the position in the company that you will be working for and they must vouch for you. It's actually easier to get a work visa to India if you join a non-profit organization to do volunteer work.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

It seems these days that it's becoming harder and harder to obtain work visas for certain countries. I'm not sure if this is a trend that will continue to fluctuate as the world economy changes, but a lot of countries won't grant work permits to foreigners as they would prefer to keep the job vacancies open to people from that specific country.