1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holidays in Darjeeling

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by satya1971, Jan 1, 2015.

1. satya1971

satya1971 New Member

Hi all

I would like to know what Darjeeling will be like in January, is it too cold? I know it's a hill station and it is supposed to be cold, but how chilly it would be during this month and is it worth making a trip at this time of the year?

Thanks,
    Satya

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It is a year round destination and for temperature you can just type "temperature in Darjeeling" to get the latest temperature and also a forecast for the next few weeks. Its not too bad in Feb as far as I know.

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

January is a very cold month and maximum temperature you would get during the day would be around 7-8 degrees Celcius and up to -15 at night. If you like that cold weather then why not.

4. Kritika

Kritika New Member

Darjeeling in December is cold but it is not so cold that will differ travelling in any terms. The alluring capacity of Darjeeling is not lessen with temperature. Although temperature may fall from 11 degree to 2 degree Celcius and at night it drops to minus 10-12 degree Celcius, but still very much pleasant hill station for enjoying winter. Have a great winter holiday.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

It is actually in October that monsoon season ends in Darjeeling. Still the weather and climate from October to March can be generally cool to chilly. Some people choose to visit Darjeeling during the summer months. But you know what, visiting Darjeeling during the winter months can be a great experience as well. It is during the months of mid-November to January that the temperature drops as low as 7 to 5 degree celsius.

During January, the average minimum temperature is at 3°C. The average maximum temperature is at 9°C. The recorded lowest temperature was at -3°C while the recorded highest temperature was at 18°C. You won't have to worry about rain during this time as it happens only once in a while.

If you're a person who loves cold climates, then it's a must to visit Darjeeling during this time of the year. The best views of hill stations covered with fogs can be seen during January. Another plus is that there's not much tourists during this time so you can get nice discounts on accommodations. Downside is that not a lot of hotels would be open during this time.

I hope this helps!