1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pataudi Palace

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Myra, Apr 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Myra

Myra New Member

I would like to know more about the Pataudi Palace not regarding the history or the palace itself, but whether it is open to the public or not.
    If I remember correctly, then I think the Pataudi Palace was open as a hotel to the public.

Was it under the Neemrana Hotel brand?

I know that Saif Ali Khan repossessed it and they have held some functions there, but after that, I have not heard anything about it. I am taking a guess that after the repossession that the palace is no longer available for the public so they can stay there!

Can someone please confirm this information for me, as I and few friends wanted to stay a few days at such a place and need to know about any changes.

2. juno

juno New Member

It was under the Neemrana Hotel brand. After it was repossessed by Saif Ali Khan in July 2015 it was closed for refurbishing. It still remains closed.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Yes, it is not open any longer, and there are no plans for it to be opened in the immediate future. After some movie star bought it, it was shut down. I think there are renovations going on, but they might be for a home residence instead of a hotel. That said, I believe there was a party on the grounds not too long ago, but as a private function.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Myra!

Your question has already been answered but I'll just add in a few more details. So the Pataudi Palace, also known as Ibrahim Kothi, was under the Neemrana Hotel for a while. Well, a part of it anyway, the palace was never fully leased to them. It was Saif's father, Mansoor Ali Khan, that rented out the palace to the Neemrana Group of Hotels. When his father died, Saif took it upon himself to maintain the palace and so he ended the lease with the said group of hotel.

It's correct though that the hotel isn't available for the public anymore. You won't be able to stay in it nor visit it. For Saif, the palace has never been a heritage site, but just a big home to him. He wanted to renovate the palace for the longest time and he is finally able to do so after the end of contract with the Neemrana Group. Aside from that, he felt like the group of hotel has ruined the palace and that's another reason why he decided to end the lease with them.

Saif says that he won't ever give the palace back to Neemrana. When he was asked though if people from the outside cannot walk in the palace anymore, he said that he still isn't sure about it. But since he believes it's not a heritage home, he firmly believes that it shouldn't be opened to the public. He isn't opposed to the idea of opening a part of the palace for the public. Maybe a small part where he would put up cricket pictures of his father can be opened for the public.

But it's still not decided yet. As far as I know, he is focusing on the renovation of the palace just for the time being. As what has been said, since last 2015, it has been closed to the public. We'll see what happens though.