1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taj Falaknuma Palace buffet price

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Miken, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Miken

Miken New Member

I am planning to take a very big client of mine for a meeting along with dinner, and I am considering going to the Taj Falaknuma Palace.
    I do plan to make this event very good and am willing to spend money on hence I have chosen such a place for food.
    What I would like to know is is the Taj Falaknuma Palace buffet price, so I know what I would be paying and wouldn't be too shocked when the bill comes.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Miken, welcome to the forum!

Taj_Falaknuma_Palace.jpg
    The Taj Falaknuma Palace Hotel (Image Courtesy of The Taj Group of Hotels)
    Overview of the Taj Falaknuma Palace Hotel

One of the premier five-star hotels in Hyderabad, the Taj Falaknuma Palace is a destination in itself. It was once the home of Nawab Sir Viqar Ul Umra, also the one who initiated the building of the palace. It was then turned over to Mehboob Ali Pasha Nizam VI before being leased to the Taj Group of Hotels. The palace stands out because of European style of architecture, quite a contrast to the Mughal styles of architecture of the different structures in the city. Nightly rates in the hotel begin at Rs. 32,000 and can go as high as Rs. 380,000. The royal rooms, the grand architectures and the top-notch services do justify these rates.

Buffet in the Taj Falaknuma Palace Hotel

There are three main restaurants plus one bar slash lounge in the Taj Falaknuma Palace Hotel. Just like the room rates though, dining in any of these restaurants can be very expensive. The good news is that the dining rates already include a free tour of the palace so you do get more than just meals. Let us highlight these three restaurants and how much it will cost to dine in any of them.

1. Adaa - Adaa is the hotel's Hyderabadi cuisine restaurant. You can choose between an outdoor dining or an indoor dining experience. The former costs more but the views are quite exquisite, with the expansive lawns and city around as you would be seated in the balcony area. If you choose the outdoor dining experience, you would be offered either a 5-course meal or a 7-course meal. A 5-course meal costs Rs. 6,000 per person while a 7-course meal costs Rs. 7,500 per person. The menu is fixed though but very extensive so you can sample a lot of their meals. Now, for the indoor dining experience, this costs less, at Rs. 4,500 per person. The menu is also fixed but you can choose from a variety of dishes. There's another option, which is the private dining experience but this costs the most at Rs. 10,000 per person. Regardless, all packages would include a tour of the palace though.
    • Cuisine - Hyderabadi
    • Best Sellers -Light Tomato Shorba, Haleem and Biryani
    Adaa at taj.jpg
    Adaa in Taj Falaknuma Palace Hotel (Image Courtesy of Ampersand Travel)

2. Celeste - Celeste is the hotel's multi-cuisine restaurant, with varying Italian, Mediterranean and Thai cuisines. The restaurant also has an outdoor dining or an indoor dining experience. The outdoor dining experience, much like the former, costs more. But the views of the city, especially during night time are stunning. Accompanied by the dim lighting, the ambience is just perfect for a romantic night out. But for a business meeting, an indoor dining experience would suffice. The indoor area is exquisitely designed too, with overhanging chandeliers and long drapes covering the windows. For an outdoor dining experience, you would need to pay around Rs. 4,000 per person and for an indoor dining experience, you would need to pay around Rs. 3,500 per person. The rates include starters, main meals and desserts already plus again, a tour of the palace. The menus are already fixed though but you can choose which meals are to be included in your set meals. Aside from that, the restaurant does offer complimentary meals, sometimes, to guests.
    • Cuisine - Italian, Mediterranean and Thai
    • Best Sellers - Honey Glazed Prawns, Lobster Ravioli and Cold Mango Soup
    Celeste.jpg
    Celeste in Taj Falaknuma Palace Hotel (Image Courtesy of Pioneer Chef)

3. Jade Terrace - High tea in the Jade Terrace is as royal as can be. Feel like a Nizam while sipping a cup of tea and enjoying the views of the city before you. Ambience is cut through too, with overhanging chandeliers and elegant furnitures. Even the cutlery is exquisite, with floral motifs and bordered with gold. Much like the other restaurants, dining here is an expensive experience. A set meal costs around Rs. 6,000 per person, no less but probably more, if you include the taxes. The restaurant has different cuisines, Chinese, Indian and Continental. Or there's a cheaper option of only Rs. 2,000 per person, but this only lasts from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm. It's only for high tea though, but you can opt for other shakes and beverages. You would also be served a platter of delicious cookies and biscuits.
    • Cuisine - Chinese, Indian and Continental
    • Best Sellers - Tandoori Baby Corn, Hyderabad Biryani and Nizami High Tea
    Jade.jpg
    Jade Terrace in Taj Falaknuma Palace Hotel (Image Courtesy of Taj Group of Hotels)
    Summary of Prices for Restaurants in Taj Falaknuma Palace

Adaa Restaurant Rates

Type of DiningRateInclusions
    IndoorRs. 4,500Set Meal on Fixed Menu + Tour of Palace
    OutdoorRs. 6,000 to Rs. 7,500Set Meal on Fixed Menu + Tour of Palace
    PrivateRs. 10,000Private Dining + Set Meal on Fixed Menu + Tour of Palace
    Celeste Restaurant Rates

IndoorRs. 3,500Set Meal on Fixed Menu + Tour of Palace
    OutdoorRs. 4,000Set Meal on Fixed Menu + Tour of Palace
    Jade Terrace Restaurant Rates

Set Meal (Lunch or Dinner)Rs. 6,000Set Meal on Fixed Menu + Tour of Palace
    High Tea (From 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm)Rs. 2,000High Tea + Snacks + Tour of Palace
    I hope this helps you.:)