1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pauri Garhwal Tourist Places

Discussion in 'Uttarakhand' started by Shub1986, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Shub1986

Shub1986 New Member

If any of you may have read my previous post would know, I will be going to Pauri Garhwal with my grandmother. I will be staying there for about 15 - 20 days, I will be fine for a couple of days but after that I know I will be bored. I would like some help in knowing about some of the Pauri Garhwal tourist places, which I can visit during my stay there.

2. Karan

Karan Member

To be straightforward don't expect too much from Pauri Garhwal, as it is not much of a happening place, but definitely, a place where you would find a lot of peace and beautiful valleys and scenery.

So here is a list of tourist places you can visit in Pauri Garhwal.

Chaukhamba Viewpoint
    Chaukhamba Viewpoint is a popular place where tourists go to see the panoramic view of the Idwal valley. Another attraction is the oak forest.

Khirsu

Khirsu is a village in the hills and is more like a hill station. This is another popular tourist destination which many people visit. This is not your regular hill station, it's very calm and there are very few tourists, so its a great escape from the hustle and bustle of life. A popular place to visit in Khirsu is the Ghandiyal Devi temple.

Kyunkaleshwar Mahadev Temple
    The Kyunkaleshwar Mahadev temple is a very old temple from the 8th century and it is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, Ganesha, and Karthikeyan. When visiting the temple it is also a great opportunity to see the Himalayan snow-capped mountains.

Trekking in Pauri Garhwal
    Pauri Garhwal is an amazing destination for trekking and there are many trekking choices, which include Binsar trek, Doodhatoli trek .and Tara Kund trek

Lakshman Temple
    Lakshman Temple is located in a place called Deval which is a short distance away from Pauri Garhwal. The temple is around 1000 years old and has some amazing stonework and architecture.